Chapter Three - "Errands and Coffee For Milly"

"Phil's POV"

It was just coming up to 1:30pm, while I was on my last couple of errands, before my phone started buzzing in my pocket. I pulled it out to see the caller ID was "Milly^_^", so I didn't hesitate to answer.

"Hey baby, what do you need?" I chirped.

"Hey Phil!, are you busy?" Milly asked.

"Not really, I'm down to my last couple of errands now, is there anything you wanted me to pick up from the store on the way home?" I replied.

"Not really, but I wouldn't mind a Caramel Mocha from Starbucks, we haven't had good coffee in ages!" Milly begged.

"Sure, anything for you babe! I should be finished by 2:00pm, so I will get us some coffees then" I explained.

"Sounds good! Alright then, I love you" she told me.

"Love you too" I said, and then hung up my phone and slipped it back into my pocket.

Now what was I doing? I asked myself, as I wondered up an all to familiar street. It's where Dan's apartment is. As I strolled past the many different buildings, I finally stumbled upon the place I used to call home. It hasn't changed one bit, I thought. I was thinking about whether I should go in and say hi, but he probably wasn't home, or didn't want to see me so I decided against it. I don't really need him anymore, I have Milly and she makes me happier than I could ever remember being. Although I did have some pretty good times in that apartment, I thought. I waved goodbye to the memory in my mind as I began walking up the street again.

It's almost 2:00pm, I thought to myself, and there was a Starbucks not to far from here. I'll finish my errands tomorrow I guess. I've been to nearly all of the jewellers in the city now, trying to find the perfect engagement ring. And besides, it's freezing out here, but I guess I was the stupid one to only wear a t-shirt.

I made it to the door of Starbucks, and let myself in from the cold breeze. I just wanted to get back to Milly, so I was in a bit of a hurry.

"Two Caramel Mochas, to go please", I told the young man at the counter, whose name tag read Logan.

"Yeah, sure sir", Logan replied, and began making my order. I just stared at him as he made Milly and I's orders and handed him my cash.

"Here you go sir, have a wonderful afternoon" Logan said as he hands me the coffees. I mumbled a thanks under my breathe as I turned around to leave.

As I was turning, out of the corner of my eye, I swear I saw Dan. I had to look twice, and because I was in such shock, I had realised I dropped my order and it splashed up my jeans and started puddling around my shoes. It was Dan, and he was staring right at me. I reacted the only way I could.

I heard Logan say something that I didn't register as I practically lunged myself at Dan. I pulled him up out of the chair and pulled him into the tightest embrace filled with all the 'I miss yous' and faint memories of him that still remained in my mind. I began sobbing and felt his tears start to stain my shoulder.

"Dan... I can't believe it's you.." I told him through sobs.

"Me too..." He managed to reply after a while. We just stood there holding each other in our arms and sobbing to one another.

After what felt like forever, I pulled away from the embrace and looked Dan straight in the eyes. His eyes were so mysterious, and I could already feel myself getting lost in them. I saw a tear slip from Dan's eye and roll down his cheek, and before I knew it, he was a wreck in front of me.

"I just missed you... So much", I said as I pulled Dan into another tight hug. He began to soak my shoulder with his tears again. I honestly don't know how much longer I could have gone with out seeing him I thought to myself. This moment was perfect and I never wanted it to end. I caught Dan laughing to himself against my shoulder.

"What's... What's so funny?" I managed to ask, still sobbing.

"Oh, nothing.... I just can't believe I have found you again... It's ... Crazy.." Dan replied, his tears leaving stains on his face. I felt him rest his chin on my shoulder and thought about just how lucky I was to have my best friend in my arms again.

"Your mochas are ready, whenever you are sir" I heard Logan call out to me.

I pulled away again, telling Dan to wait while I went and collected the drinks.

"Thank you so much Logan, this means a lot for you to do this, it was great service" I told the friendly face.

"Not a problem in the slightest sir" he replied.

"You can call me Phil" I thought I'd tell him.

"Phil, well have a lovely afternoon Phil!" Logan chirped before disappearing behind the massive coffee machines.

I returned shortly after with my freshly made drinks and handed one to Dan as I sat down across from him.

I thought I'd better take the first step in this conversation.

"What have you been up to the past three years Dan? We haven't talked forever and I really did miss you... So so much" I began before taking a small sip of my warm mocha.

Dan just stared at me for a while, which i didn't mind, but I wanted him to answer my question. After a while he responded.

"Oh, well not a lot actually, I mean the usual, making YouTube videos and stuff", he managed to get out. "What about you?" He asked me.

"Yeah, same,... I guess" I replied, as I rested my chin on my arm. I really wanted to tell someone about the nightmares I've been having, and Dan seemed to be the right person to tell. Maybe he was suffering from them too. I was also wondering whether I should tell him that I was thinking of marrying Milly, he is my best friend after all. But this time I wasn't the first to mention her.

"I don't know if I was suppose to tell you, but Milly called me this morning, and told me to come talk to you, as you weren't yourself...and I.." He trailed off, as he probably noticed how mad I was as Milly, and him now.

"SHE WHAT!?" I yelled. I didn't want her to be the one to solve my problems, I'm a 29 year old man who doesn't need a woman to sort out my life. And I can't believe Dan would just go along with it. Don't get me wrong, I missed him more than anything over the past 3 years and I love Milly more than anything, but he could of at least just called me or something. Dan just sat there with what I thought was a 'what did I just do, I'm so stupid, this will never work' face.

Before I could recall anything that was happening I found myself running out of Starbucks and back towards the streets I was walking down not too long ago.

Author's Note;

So that was the meeting from Phil's point of view, with a little extra added to the end. I hope you are enjoying this so far, and I will try to update as often as I can, as school and stuff gets in the way. Vote and comment and all that jazz. Thanks for reading!

abunchofpheels C: