Chapter Twenty - "Dear Phil... Love Dan"

"Dan's POV"

The train finally arrives at Central station and I am so relieved to be home. Well almost home. I stumble off of the train and collect my luggage, looking around for a Starbucks.

I spot one on the other end of the station, but walking through all these people for coffee is totally worth it. Besides, the exit to the street is not far from the Starbucks either so it's a win win. I push pass people, some on their phones, some trying to control four screaming kids at once, some making out in the middle of the station and some just minding their own business. I finally make it, and step right inside through the automatic doors.

The aroma and the atmosphere in here is amazing, but it digs back up all the memories that happened months ago. I just stand and stare at all the people sitting in bays, standing, talking, as the chorus of cutlery clinking together rings through my ears.

"Can I help you sir?" A short, cherry-red haired girl asks me. She sort of gives me a fright as the words come out of her mouth. I just stare at her for a bit before I realise that I actually have to speak.

"Oh, yes-um, can I get two caramel mochas please" I say, remembering back to when Phil ordered the same drinks for us. The woman nods at me.

"Is that all sir?" She asks. I nod. "What was your name?"

"Dan" I say.

"Shouldn't be a moment" she says taking the cash out of my hand and writing down my name before walking off.

I remember that I have to call Mum when I got home so I reach for my phone. I dial her number and wait for it to ring.

"Hello Daniel! How was the ride?" She answers on the first ring. Talk about a caring Mum!

"It was good Mum, I got home all safe, I'm just at Starbucks grabbing a couple of coffees for me and Phil" I say.

"Okay sweetie, well I hope you two have fun then" she says, "I love you"

"I love you too Mum" I say before hanging up.

The woman that I ordered with returns minutes later with my coffees and I say my thank you and goodbyes before heading out the door.

I hope Phil got back to my apartment okay; I can't wait to see him. I don't know how I survived just a little over a week without him, let alone three years. I'm feeling crazily anxious right now, like times in the past when I'd return home from school trips, and all I'd want to do is hug Mum and tell her about all of the fun things I did. I have the same feeling about returning home to Phil now.

I wave down a taxi and hop inside.

"Where to lad?" Says a thick Irish accent from the drivers side. I tell him my address and before too long we are on our way. Just minutes until I get to see Phil.

"Phil's POV"

I back out of the space my car is in and deliberately near-miss Logan as I drive out of the car park. I beep my horn, startling them, before I drive off out of their sight. My emotions are all over the place, but my most predominant being frustration. I can't believe Milly has been seeing him behind my back intentionally. She started this whole thing with me and Dan, she knew the risks, she knew what would happen if we crossed paths again. But I just can't believe I trusted her for all this time. It's all just ridiculous. I have no more words to describe my feelings at the moment, just argh.

I finally pull up beside the gutter right outside Dan's apartment, and I can't wait to get inside. I grab my luggage from the back seat and climb out of the car. I wheel my suitcase along the pavement, and pull it up each step to the door. I reach up and grab the spare key on top of the skirting and can't unlock the door fast enough.