Chapter Twenty-Eight - "Stuck With Me Forever, I Guess"

"Dan's POV"

"RISE AND SHINE SLEEPY HEAD! It's our last day here today!" Phil says as he jumps on top of me. I rub my eyes and let out a loud yawn. "Okay, okay, I'm awake!" I say pulling Phil down beside me on the bed.

"We have to pack, checkouts at 11am" Phil reminds me just as I go to kiss him. I reach for my phone to check the time. "Well we'd better get packing then, it's already 10!" I say sitting up in the bed. I mess up my hair and fix it back into it's usual place, fiddling with the fringe until I feel comfortable. 

Phil drags his suitcase over and dumps it on the other side of the bed, frantically folding and throwing all of his possessions into it. I decide to get out of the bed and start to do the same thing. 

**************

After about half an hour of running around the room and fitting every last thing into our suitcases and backpacks, we are finally done packing. 

"Are you sure we didn't miss anything?" Phil says, walking back out of the bathroom for the 3rd time. "Yes Phil, I'm sure, it's all here. Stop stressing" I say, embracing him. "I'm sorry" he says in my ear as I lightly peck his shoulder. 

"All ready for the flight then?" I ask as I let go of him. Phil nods and extends the handle on his suitcase. I put my backpack on and adjust the handle on my suitcase and roll it back over to the middle of the room. "Good-bye comfy bed!" Phil says and we both laugh. 

As we walk out the room and close the door for the last time, I start to feel slightly emotional. I mean, this week away was amazing and now it's all come to an end and we have to go back to London. "What's up Dan?" Phil asks as a tear slips from my eye. He puts his arm around my waist as we walk in unison down the hallway. "Oh, I just didn't want to leave this piece of paradise, you know, like I haven't spent alot of time with you in ages and it's just been really nice" I say as I kiss his cheek. 

Phil's cheeks feel warm as I pull away and I realise he's blushing. Moments like these really are special. I can feel my cheeks heat up too. 

As we press the button on the elevator to go down, it opens and we are greeted by a young couple with their daughter that looks about three. That will be me and Phil one day and I can't even comprehend that it will still. Like I never thought even reuniting with Phil again would happen, I never thought we'd get along again, I never thought I'd leave the country again, let alone with Phil. Finally my life is become one that I only could ever dream of. My life is almost fairytale like. Phil shyly says hi to them and I nod my head and smile as we cross paths into the elevator. I lean against the back wall as we decend and I think about all the little things that have happened over the last month. Every little detail falls together perfectly inside my mind and I can help but have a massive smile on my face. 

I stare at Phil as he watches the numbers count down and even this is perfect in my mind. Everything about this, about Phil, about us, is perfect.

"Phil's POV"

I'm so nervous right now. I've been nervous all morning. I've been planning to take Dan down to the beach for one last time before we go. Now this may seem crazy since we only started to build up and let our relationship shine over the last couple of months but I think it's time. What's in the past stays in the past. I want to move forward with Dan, I want to be with him forever and I'm so happy I've finally let that decision sink in. I was kicking myself for trying to decide between him and Milly, I should have known from the first day I met her that it wouldn't have worked out. I wish I had known. 

I hold Dan's hand as we walk out of the elevator and over to the reception desk. Dan hands the keys back and thanks them for the wonderful room and service. I fiddle with the box in my pocket, but not once question my decison. I want to do this. I'm just so nervous. I hope he likes it. I had to order it online and it came the day before we left, luckily.

"Phil, you coming?" Dan half yells at me, already at the door. "Oh, yeah, sorry, was just thinking about something" I say, quickly pacing over to where he is. Dan just shakes his head smiling. 

"So which way is it to the airport again?" Dan asks as he steps out onto the footpath, looking up at the buildings towering over us. "Well, I was thinking we could go to the beach one last time before we leave, you know, because the beaches suck in England adn we have a few hours to kill" I say letting out a nervous laugh. "Yeah, okay then" Dan says, taking my free hand in his. My palm instanly starts to sweat but Dan doesn't look like he is going to let go, which makes me smile to myself for some reason. 

As we reach the beach, we stop rolling our suitcases and start to carry them instead so the sand doesn't catch on the wheels. When we reach a quite spot, I stop walking and nervously kick at the sand with my feet. My heart is racing at a million times it's normal rate, and my breathing starts to speed up. "Are you alright Phil?" Dan asks as he turns around. "Uh, yeah" I say as I prepare myself. This is it, this is your moment to shine Phil, you can do this.

I fumble with the box in my pocket as I get down on one knee.

"Dan's POV"

"Will you marry me Dan?" Phil says, holding out the most beautiful ring I have ever seen. It's a black band with a thread of diamonds around the centre that reflect black in the sunight. SAY WHAT. Did I hear him corrrectly!? My hands automatically raise up to my mouth in shock. 

"You're going to be stuck with me forever now, I guess" I say before pulling him up from the sand and into a hug. Phil slips the ring onto my finger and I pull him back in for a kiss. This couldn't get anymore perfect. I love Phil so much.

**************

After a while we decide it's probably time to get a cab to the airport because our flight leaves in two hours. Sitting on the beach together was fantastic and Phil could not be any more perfect than this. We couldn't be anymore perfect than this. This holiday has been amazing.

I flag down for a taxi and pull in the first one we see. "To the airport please" I say as we both get into back. Before I know it, we've reached the airport, two hours have passed and we're boarding the plane. 

**************

Author's Note:

WOAH GUYS WOAH.

You can find a picture of the ring somewhere on the side if your on the computer, or somewhere if you're on your phone or whatever, IDK HOW THIS WORKS. I hope you like the ring. I think it's perfect tbh. I'm so close to 10K which is crazy, I never though it would even get like one read, so this is crazy that it's blown up (even if it is a little bit) over the last year. I can't believe it's taken me a year already to write this, and I'm almost done. It's almost all over. I hope you guys have enjoyed reading my story and I hope you love the story I have to come later on this year. The only thing I can tell you about the new one is that it's called "Amnesia" and it has nothing to do with this one hahah. Also it's half pre-written already because I want to release chapters more frequently and pump it out, because I know how hard it is to write it as you go along (I am doing it with this one). But yeah, a few more chapters to go and it will be the end of the story! Thanks for sticking by me if you have read this far in the story and I hope you enjoy the ending!

Lots of love <3

What Have I Done to Us? (Phanfiction)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara