Chapter Twenty-Six - "Phan Is Real Guys"

"Phil's POV"

The next morning, I'm the first awake. I decide to call Milly now before it gets too late over there and before Dan wakes up. This is something that I just want to do by myself.

I grab my phone off the charge and lock myself in the bathroom. I close down the toilet lid before making it my seat.

I dial Milly's number and hold the phone up to my ear.

*brrr brrr* *brrr brrr* "Phil? Hello?" Milly answers.

"Milly, yeah it's me. I have a few questions to ask you" I say preparing myself. I hear her sigh. "Okay, ask away" she answers after a while.

"How far along are you?" Is the first question I pop.

"About 6 months now, only three to go" she states. Shit, I only have three months to prepare myself to be a father. I need at least another year to be emotionally stable.

"Why didn't you tell me about it sooner? It's been like a couple of weeks since I last saw you Milly, you had all this time, why didn't you say?" I ask surprised.

"I was saving it for the trip Phil, I wanted to tell you sooner but there was problems with it, they expected miscarriage but the baby got better only a few weeks ago, so I wanted to save the news. I also knew there was something happening between you and Dan, you made it pretty obvious that you didn't want me anymore. I wasn't going to tell you and just let you think that it was Logan's but you know how I am with these types of things, I can't lie" Milly confesses.

"Milly, I... I didn't know-I shouldn't have snapped, I-I'm sorry Milly" I say as a tear escapes my eye. "It's true, I do love Dan now but it doesn't mean that I don't want the baby with you Milly, you know how we've always wanted kids-"

"Not yours Phil, I can't have your kid, it's just too much-overwhelming even-to have a kid to a man that doesn't love me anymore" I can hear that Milly is crying now and instantly my heart sinks in my chest because it's true.

"Well I have come to the decision that I can raise and look after the child with Dan, but only if you let me" I say, trying to convince her.

"Sure Phil, you can take the child as long as I don't have to see it, or you again after it's born. Just promise me this, you can't tell it ever that I'm it's Mum, tell it whatever you want but it can't know about me" Milly cries into the phone.

"Milly that's dumb, the kid has to know who it's Mum is-"

"Well this kid has two Dads instead" Milly finishes the conversation. I'm not going to try and argue with her, I'm sure once it's born she'll grow a liking towards it.

"Do you know what gender?" I ask, standing up off of the toilet.

"Yes, it's a girl" she says. A girl... What can we name her? Oh shut up brain it's still three months away.

"Okay, well how are you feeling?" I ask trying to lighten the mood a bit.

"I'm feeling fine you know, just a little bit drained from having another human sucking out my nutrients and energy" Milly answers, sarcastically. "No really I'm just surviving, the doctors still say it's a miracle that the baby and me are both still alive, what with my small body frame and fragile-well everything." She sobs.

"You'll pull through Milly, you always do" I say, smiling because of all the memories that suddenly flood my mind. "Yeah, I guess" she agrees.

"Well I'll let you go then, do you want me to visit after I get back from Florida?" I ask.

"I'll think about it Phil, I don't know about anything anymore" her answer is cryptic but I'll take it under the chin and call it a maybe.

"Okay then, bye Milly"