Chapter One - "A Nightmare and a Phone Call"

Chapter 1 - "A Nightmare and a Phone Call"

"Dan's POV"

The room was dark, but there was a light right at the end of it, so I decided to follow it. As I walked, the squeaking of the floorboards could be heard under every step. I was scared for my life. As I drew closer to the light I could hear someone faint in the distance.

"Dan! Dan! You can't let this happen to me! You've got to help me Dan please...." The voice called, the last word practically pleading.

I picked up my pace and began running. I was determined to find out who the familiar voice calling my name was and what was wrong with them. I closed my eyes while I was running as I was terrified of what could be ahead.

I opened my eyes and ran straight into what looked like a large black figure, as my eyes were still adjusting.

"Your little friend is going to have the most terrible time of his life thanks to you, I wouldn't even bother saving him, he's probably dead now..." The figure, now a tall old, scary-looking man said to me, as I started running again.

He means Phil. But what have I done that could effect him? What does he mean by dead? I mean I have done stupid things in the past, but I have never treated my best friend bad. Besides, I haven't seen Phil in three years.

As I was running in the direction I heard the screaming coming from, I tripped and started falling down a never-ending black hole and into reality.

*********

I was returned to my bed, with a cold sweat all over my body. Great, another nightmare, I thought to myself. I arose from the bed in a sleepy state and stumbled over to my dresser, grabbing out some sweat pants and a random t-shirt and made my way to the shower. I felt so gross.

I stood with my face it the water, as I really needed to wake up and think about what I had just dreamed. I mean, that voice I heard screaming out my name sounded an awful lot like Phil, but I don't understand why I keep having dreams about him being hurt. We never had a fight or anything. We just kinda went our separate ways after Phil got a girlfriend, Milly, and he moved in with her three years ago. I mean we still talked and hung out for the first couple of months but he wouldn't stop talking about how great she was, and how she was "the one for him", so I just stopped planning Starbucks meetings with him, and he didn't try to talk to me ever since. The only way I hear his voice now, and find out what he's up to, is through his YouTube videos. Most of them involve his stupid girlfriend Milly. And they always kiss. What? I couldn't believe I was thinking this, I'm not jealous of her am I? I'm just annoyed that she stole my best friend. But she makes Phil happy. Something I obviously don't do anymore.

I turned off the shower and dried off and got dressed, then began blow-drying my hair as I stood facing my reflection in the mirror. I looked so sleepless. These nightmares were ruining me. I just want to see my best friend, if I can even call him that anymore, and hear his voice in person, and hug him and tell him how much I have missed him. But I don't even know where he lives anymore, and after seeing him for the last time at Starbucks, I just deleted his number from my phone because I didn't want anything to do with him anymore. Well I regret that decision so much now. I needed to see him.

I turned off the hair dryer and walked back to my room to grab the straightener. As I walked past Phil's old room, a tear slipped from my eye, as the memories started filling my mind. I can't believe I lost him! I enjoyed his company so much, and was always laughing and smiling whenever we were together, why did he just leave me?! No Dan, snap out of it, he's happy and that's all that matters, he doesn't need you anymore.

I got out my straightener, and began straightening my hair, when my phone started buzzing. It was from a private number. Should I answer it? It could be Phil? No why would he want to talk to me? I let it go to voice message, and a sweet sounding female's voice filled the room. She said:

*Hey Dan, Phil had this number in his phone under the name, *I miss you* and so I thought it would be you. So if you haven't guessed by now, this is Milly, and I was wondering if maybe you could come and talk to Phil again, he hasn't been his happy, cheery self for the past 3 months after he woke up from a "nightmare" that he won't tell me about, maybe you could get it out of him? I have arranged for him to go to the Starbucks near your apartment to get us coffees after he finishes his errands, at 2:00pm so if you could maybe "run into him" there and talk to him, that would make me so happy, if you get this, please help Dan, he misses you.*

Wow. Why would Milly be talking to me? She hated me and couldn't wait for Phil to get away from me. She just needs me to fix him? Well I suppose I do miss talking to Phil, but I'm not doing this for her sake, I'll do it for the sake of Phil and I's forgotten friendship. I was going to film a YouTube video today, but that can wait, I have a friend in trouble.

I looked at the clock, 12:30 it read. I still have ages, the Starbucks is only a 10 minute walk from our... My apartment. I decided to swap my sweat pants for a pair of black skinny jeans, and I slipped on a jumper over my shirt as it was typical London weather. Since I still had ages, I decided to go and make some lunch.

I walked into the kitchen, and peered into the fridge. I've ran out of food, again, I though to myself. Well it's not too early to go to Starbucks and grab something to eat before my encounter with Phil. So I grabbed my keys and walked out the front door and on my way to Starbucks. I was scared and excited at the same time as I remember what my friend looked like, and if he remembers me, what if he doesn't?

Author's Note:

Hi! After giving this some thought, I decided that I should start writing a phanfiction of my own. I have read (and enjoyed) many others and felt I needed to start one haha. So this was chapter 1, I hope you enjoyed it as I am new to this writing thing, I only just read other peoples stories, if you enjoyed it or think I could improve, let me know in the comments or whatever. Thanks for reading! Also vote if you enjoyed, as I want to get this out to the world! Also sorry about my bad editing skills on the book cover, but no one really looks at that anyway, do they? Sorry, I promise these won't be this long in the future.

abunchofpheels C: