•Chapter 18• [First Date]

================================================================================================================================================================================================================================

[Y/N POV]

What a completely pointless mission that has been. Maybe it wasn't the best idea when it came to accompanying Natsu on this mission, I mean, we nearly got melted by acid, stomped on by an ugly ass titan rat and I had a fistfight with a demon. But hey, Lucy's happy, she got another key for her collection while we got a generous amount of nothing. Sigh, I'm really spoiling her, or perhaps not, well its probably for the better considering I'm going to have a date with her when we finally get back home. Oh yes did I mention nearly everyone was in a complete state of mental breakdown? Sheesh, Lucy always looks like she's gonna have one but this just might be a new record when Erza mentioned the oncoming punishment. At least we had time for the moment considering Master Makarov had to urgently leave the building. So I said screw and decided to take Lucy out on a date regardless, but I need a different set of clothes for this special occasion, and I know just the shop to help me.

[3rd POV]

Y/N had asked Lucy on a date and she obviously agreed, they were meeting later in the day at 14:20, it was 12:44 right now so Y/N had some time to spend shopping for a new set of clothes for his date, he wasn't just going to wear his everyday suit, and he also had a hunch Lucy would also change her attire just like him. He found a clothing store relatively quickly and also found an outfit just as fast, it wasn't all that different to his usual clothes but it looked more easygoing. 

There was a reason as to why he picked a more everyday outfit than his usual suit, and that reason was, of course, Lucy, but there was more to it than just looking fancy or different for a special event

There was a reason as to why he picked a more everyday outfit than his usual suit, and that reason was, of course, Lucy, but there was more to it than just looking fancy or different for a special event. Y/N had noticed how uncomfortable Lucy looked when it came to high-class or even noble matters as if she was trying to push them away, and him wearing a suit and taking her to a super fancy restaurant probably wouldn't do her too much good. He knew she loved fancy things but also knew that there was a limit to how much she could handle, and knowing her she would prefer something with a less strict but nonetheless romantic atmosphere. That's why he made this plan: 

1. Get something to eat at a nice but not crowded café.
2. Go shopping, both of them need things for their homes and Lucy loves shopping.
3. Go either home or to a love hotel.
4. Profit.

It was a rather simple 3-step plan he thought but despite its simplicity, it most likely will work like a charm. All he has to do is to make sure Lucy has a good time, then... she's have the time of her life, although that comes later~ Arriving at their meeting spot 20 minutes early he patiently waited for his blonde girlfriend to arrive, and she did 15 minutes later dressed in a loose yet beautiful white sundress with a blue purse as an accessory. 

Lucy: "Hey Y/N!"

Y/N: "Yo. Well, you look stunning today."

Lucy: "-Giggle- You look hot too."