•Chapter 22• [Final Solution]

================================================================================================================================================================================================================================

[Y/N POV]

Phew, waifu secured! Talk about a close call, if I was like, a second too late Lucy would have been a splatter of blood, bones and organs on the ground and I don't want her to end up like that one Fukegao guy, ya know, the dude that got squashed by his giant brother? Yeah, if Lucy ended up like that bye-bye humanity. Still, I hope that edgelord Jose won't be stupid enough to, I don't know, use a mech against us or something. I'll turn his penIS into penWAS.

[3rd POV]

The drastically weakened members of Fairy Tail all gathered in their slightly repaired guildhall, their master was dropped off at Porlyusica, a healer so that he can get proper treatment. It would be an understatement to say that everybody was worried about their master, especially the senior members. Y/N and Lucy were sitting beside each other in the corner of the guild by Natsu, Gray and Elfman with the blonde leaning herself against Y/N who comfortably stroked her hair. 

Y/N: "Why did we retreat again? I could've just yoinked Lucy and come back to fight."

Gray: "Sigh, just leave it be. We'll have another chance."

Y/N: "Soon I hope."

The conversation ended there and was followed by a tense period of silence, that is until Y/N felt Lucy slightly tug him closer to her. 

Y/N: "Still uneasy?" 

Lucy: "Yeah... I'm sorry."

Elfman: "Well, it's the fate of rich heiress' to get chased. And the responsibility of their man to save them."

Gray: "Don't say it like that."

Happy: "I'm surprised you hid it, Lucy, why?"

Lucy: "I wasn't really trying to hide it. After I ran away from home I just didn't feel like talking about it. For a long time, he hasn't shown any interest in his runaway daughter and now he wants me back? My father to such terrible lengths to take me back... He's the worst!"

Y/N: "Hey, maybe he finally got lonely without his daughter to keep him company, or maybe it was just one of those rich family ploys, who knows. Either way, you can stop apologizing, nobody here blames you anyway."

Lucy: "But-"

Elfman: "He's right, your father is the bad man here!"

Gray: "Hey!"

Elfman: "Uh I mean... uh..."

Y/N: "Your father's intentions maybe didn't include the devastation of Fairy Tail, that ploy could just be Phantom Lord's and they are using this as an opportunity to kill two birds with one stone."

Gray: "It's possible your dad isn't even a bad person and just wants his daughter back."

Y/N: "Yeah. So, don't hate him, not yet at least. Instead, direct all your hate towards Phantom Lord."

Natsu: "Yeah, I'll burn their asses off!"

Gray: "I'll turn them into ice cubes."

Elfman/Y/N: "And we'll knock their brains out!"

Y/N: "So, shut up about self-loathing, okay? You joined this guild because it was your dream, wasn't it? Don't let it be taken away from you so easily then."