•Chapter 16• [When the Moon's Reaching Out Stars]

================================================================================================================================================================================================================================

[Y/N POV]

I must say, Lyra is one hell of a good singer. The girl's got a voice of an angel and a heart of one too. Her voice must have some sort of magical property because it really made everyone that heard it remember some of their most nostalgic memories. I think I saw Gray cry in the corner of my eye, I would've loved to go him a pat on the back but Lucy was sort of asleep while leaning on me so I was kind of trapped. The only thing I could do was shoot him a look of sympathy in hopes of him seeing it and feeling slightly better while caressing Lucy's hair, she smiled in response while sleeping, god she knows how to make me feel better. I swear to you, Reader-san, that I will force Mr Braggski into writing a scene where I wife her. 

[3rd POV]

As Lyra continued to sing her melody everyone was enjoying a nice relaxing nap, everyone except Y/N, Gray and of course Lyra who was busy singing. Gray and Y/N were keeping watch, making sure that nobody could sneak upon them. Well, Gray was just staring at Deliora rather than actually looking at his surroundings and Y/N was too busy cuddling Lucy to care. Their peaceful time was interrupted when the chasm began to tremble, alerting them and waking everyone that managed to doze off. A large purple magic circle appeared at the centre of the ceiling, right above sealed Deliora and began projecting purple light straight onto the frozen demon.

Natsu: "Light's comin' down..."

Y/N: From the ceiling?"

Gray: "Purple light... just like the Moon!"

Happy: "What is happening?!"

Lucy: "I have no idea but it can't be good."

The ice that was trapping Deliora then began to very slowly sizzle and melt directly into steam rather than just water. Deciding not to waste any more time than necessary in fear of the light actually managing to free the sealed demon the small group of mages rushed to the nearest staircase they could see and quickly ran up the stairs. What they saw was another purple magic circle on the ground but no one controlling it. Running up another flight of stairs they finally saw those behind those purple magic circles. Quickly hiding behind a large boulder they observed a bunch of cultists standing around in a circle, speaking in a language they couldn't understand. Everyone instantly noticed the tall cascading tower of purple magic circles leading straight to the moon and seemingly using it as a sort of orbital cannon. 

Y/N: "Guess they really are using the Moon's light."

Lyra: "This is what Moon Drip is, a spell that uses the moon's light as a beam."

Y/N: "I nearly forgot you were still here..."

Lyra: "How rude!"

And with a puff, the celestial wizard disappeared, presumably going back to the spirit world. Y/N just rolled his eyes as everyone continued to silently observe the cultists chanting in a foreign language.

Y/N: "Wait... if they are using a literal pillar of bright purple magic circles that lead all the way to the moon how the hell did the villagers not notice them?"

Natsu: "We can worry about plot holes later! Let's get 'em!"

Lucy: "Wait, someone's coming..."

True enough another new figure made an appearance. Judging by the posture and body build it was a male, around the same age as them and wore knight-like robes with a clearly evil helmet blocking everyone from directly seeing what his face looks like.