•Chapter 20• [Calm Before The Storm]

================================================================================================================================================================================================================================

[Y/N POV]

Life was really good these past few days. I and the team went and did quite a few mediocre jobs just to earn those few extra Jewels extra fast. Lucy more or less forced me to change my wardrobe but I'm still staying truthful to my usual suit, at least for now. Nothing notable has really happened which honestly worries me a little, shit always goes down around the main character so this feels like a prelude to a storm. 

[3rd POV]

Y/N, Lucy, Erza, Natsu, Gray and Happy were making their way through the streets of Magnolia, walking back to their guildhall with each of them carrying a bag of essentials, or in Erza's and Y/N's case, bags of essentials. While Erza had to use a cart on wheels to take her luggage Y/N was subjected to not only carrying his own bags but also Lucy's which made him look like a goddamn Christmas tree. 

Y/N: "Why do women need so much garbage?"

Gray: "The age-old question."

Lucy: "Why can boys only think about fighting and boobs?"

Y/N/Natsu: "Because they're fun."

The two male members of the group high-fived as Lucy lightly groaned at their behaviour while Erza seemed to ignore them. The salmon-haired Dragon Slayer and the magicless martial artist have both been getting along quite well, even after Y/N knocked him around Magnolia for a bit as he nearly barged in on him and Lucy having "fun". The moral of the story is that if you want to teach Natsu anything punch him really, really hard until he gets it. 

Lucy: "Is it just me or are there more people giving us weird looks than usual."

Erza: "You're right, something definitely feels off."

The other members of the group noticed the people giving them strange but most surprisingly sympathetic glances as they passed by. Sooner than later they stood in front of the guildhall, or rather what remained of it...

The group stood in front of their massively damaged and wrecked guildhall completely baffled and shocked at the sight in front of them

The group stood in front of their massively damaged and wrecked guildhall completely baffled and shocked at the sight in front of them. The building looked just about ready to collapse, ironically enough the iron poles looked to be the only things keeping it standing. 

Y/N: "What the fuck?"

Erza: "What happened here?"

???: "Phantom..."

The sudden presence of another person didn't even startle the group. Looking behind them they saw a very disgruntled Mirajane who was on the verge of crying her eyes out. Whilst some of those around Y/N seemed to perk up at the word "Phantom" he only gave the white-haired beauty a questioning look.