•Chapter 5• [Just Y/N]

================================================================================================================================================================================================================================

[[Y/N POV]]

Some time passed since the last chapter, that time period being 3 days or so, I don't know I lost count. Either way, I managed to find myself an apartment which conveniently happened to be near Lucy's own apartment, and apparently the monthly cost was 69 420 Jewels for my apartment which I only have one thing to say to, nice. I quickly picked the most paying job I could get my hands on, which was some search and destroy mission not that far from Magnolia in a village called... Valley of The Wind? Okay, very interesting name. Turns out Natsu wanted to do a job with me, but since I already found a job I had to finish it before I could go on another one. So I got some directions from Master and was on my way to some easy money!

[[3rd POV]]

Y/N stretched as he arrived at his destination, the Valley of The Wind. The village itself was fairly decent in terms of size and population. Speaking of, literally EVERYONE in the village had a bunch of bags with them and looked like they were ready to abandon their home. 

Y/N: "Hello, I'm a wizard from Fairy Tail. I've come to do the job to 'Exterminate A Big Bird'."

Naturally, Y/N's job involved his archnemesis, a bird. One of the many villagers who was an elderly and quite fat man approached him, he also carried a pair of swords and had a very bushy white beard.

Yupa: "Ah yes, it's a pleasure to meet you. I'm the current acting leader of this village after the strange avian creature killed our previous leader and kidnapped his daughter, the name is Yupa Miralda."

Y/N: "I see. My name is Y/N L/N, as I've said before I've come on behalf of Fairy Tail to slay the creature."

Yupa: "Yes, please do. And please, save the princess."

Y/N: "Princess huh? Well, I'm not one to judge. Alright then, do you know where to look for this oversized bird?"

Yupa: "It was last spotted north of the Valley in its nest located in a burnt patch of the surrounding forest. I should warn you, it is very adept in its fire magic and our own wizards did nothing to it."

Y/N: "Gotcha, I take it you must be leaving in fear of getting killed by it. But don't worry, I'll be back by dawn with your princess."

Yupa: "Thank you, and best of luck."

Y/N: "Right."

And like that Y/N was off to literally rescue a princess, even if the title of the princess was just a nickname or a tradition in that village. He quickly passed north through the village, quickly noticing the large amounts of windmills and wind-related craft near, most of which was in cinders or ashes. Now he understood why it was called the Valley of The Wind, although if he didn't do anything about that firebreathing bird soon it would be called the Valley of Ash, which was 100% cooler, he couldn't let that happen. He began seeing burnt patches of forest and soon stumbled upon a large clearing with nothing but ashes everywhere, and in the centre was what he assumed to be the large bird's nest made from literal tree trunks rather than simple sticks.

Y/N: "Looks like nobody is home."

He walked towards the nest with no big avian creature in sight. Once he got close enough he noticed something, someone, lying unconscious in the bird's nest. It was quite easy to spot the girl as she was clad in a blue outfit. He was about to shout at her when a large shadow loomed over him.