Chapter 26: The Date part 1

Here we are at a chapter I was hyped for but terrified to write at the same time. I know just how many people have been waiting for this and to tell you the truth, I have little knowledge about what really happens in a date. So, I really am nervous about this.

Plus, thank you for 400 votes! It means a lot to me. Maybe we can reach 1k one day. Oh my goodness would that be a dream.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ash P.O.V.

That night

I was pacing around by myself, away from the others who were helping Clemont to clean up after dinner. The thing was, I was afraid. I was to take Serena out on a date, despite not knowing much about dates in the first place. Not that I didn't want to, being with her made me all fuzzy and warm, but I was afraid I might screw all the progress we made if this date was bad.

"All right, let's decide what Serena likes first," I decided. "And what is the fundamental definition of date in the first place."

I made a few notes and then decided to give them a re-read. I flinched at how vague and stupid I was at the topic.

"A date is an outing between a boy and a girl alone. They are often times romantically attracted to eachother. Normally, you would do things that your companion would like. 
Things that Serena likes
-Pokemon
-Performing/Contests
-Baking
-Fashion"

Yeah there was not much to go by that stupid report. Much help it did do other than just waste time.

"Hello, Ash," said Bonnie. "Struggling to find an idea for your date?"
"Wait, how did you-?"
"It's obvious, you know," said Bonnie. "I can help you if you want."

I stared in Bonnie in amazement for a bit. What was this girl. 9 years of age, not even having received her first pokemon but seems to know everything about love there is to know. I wondered for a moment if the Bonnie in the mirror world was dense like me.

"How?"
"One tip I can give is that both of you will like the date best if you do something you both enjoy," said Bonnie. "If you go out and do something you would regularly do, what is the point of the date."
"Well, what is the point of a date?" I asked.

Bonnie shook her head in exasperation. Really, to anyone it would seem Ash is a stupid and dense boy who didn't even know obvious things and would wonder why Serena bothers with Ash

"You two are going alone to do something you both love in order to get closer and form a stronger bond with yourselves. If you get close enough, who knows, you might become her boyfriend."
"Boyfriend?"
"Idiot. A boyfriend is a person's companion in a romantic relationship," said Bonnie. 
"I don't really get that but it sounds good," I said. "So, I have to give to her the perfect date."
"If you can get her an above average date, I'll be shocked," she said, leaving me alone yet again.

I thought about what she exactly meant by that. Was I just that bad in making dates. If that was the case I was in hot water. Hearing Bonnie say those gave me an idea. Why not ask my friends? They would be sure to help me. Clemont won't be any good because he is almost as bad as I am, even admitting it himself. Cilan is known to be a connoisseur of everything except girls. And the girls would just make everything awkward. That left me with only two options.

"I really have to ask for help from those two," I sighed in defeat. "Well, I can't do anything else about it."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Serena P.O.V.
"Oh my god, Oh my god!" I thought to myself. "I am going out on a date with Ash! Fancy that. Ash chose ME out of all people. And I am going on a date with him soon as well. I still can't believe it"
Butterfrees roamed my stomach whenever I thought of that. Along with the Lumiose Showcase Win, this caused me to feel so happy that I almost felt like jumping on my bed.