Chapter 5: Some help

Ash P.O.V.

I looked back to see my mum, Dawn and Misty staring at me in complete shock.
"Oh, come on," I said in exasperation. "Of all the times you guys come it had to be now."
"Oh, my son is growing up so fast," my mum commented on this new revelation. "So, Ash. I know you have a girlfriend now and are busy but please, don't forget to invite me to your marriage."
"Mum! Marriage! What on earth-!"

"Did you really forget that I am here," Misty said, annoyed.
"Oh, hi Misty," I said. "What brings you here?"
"I went to Professor Oak's to check on an injured Seel I found yesterday," Misty said. "Then he told me to fetch you. But that can wait for now. Is it possible that the great denselord Ash kechum has a crush on someone, the winner of the Hoenn Grand Festival no less."
"I know right," Dawn continued. "I remember this girl Angie crushing on Ash so bad back in Summer Camp. And he didn't even know she was a girl." Dawn proceeded to break down into helpless laughter, accompanied by the giggles of the other 2 and of Pikachu.

"Why did I give in to Pikachu," I said in exasperation.
"Hey, Ash," Dawn said. "Why the long face. We were just having a bit of fun that's all. But wow! Having a crush on the Winner of the Grand Festival. Good luck with that, Ash!"
"So, I guess I have a crush," I said. "What do I do now?"
Cue the classic anime fall

Mum left us to go back downstairs, leaving me and the girls.
"You really don't know what to do?" Misty asked me.
"No?"
"Ask her out on a date. Spend some time with her alone. I'm sure she'll love it," Dawn said.
"You sure that it will work," I asked.
"Positive," Dawn said.
"Depends on if I will ever see her again," I said, becoming sad at the thought that we have not met eachother for 5 years."
"Don't worry you will see her again, of course," Dawn said, looking at her watch. "Oh no, I am running late for the train in Viridian. Bye Ash, it was fun seeing you again. Next time I see you I wanna see you with a girlfriend."
"Hey!" I said. "Bye Dawn. See you again."
"Bye to you too."

I watched as Dawn leapt down the stairs in a hurry. I remembered that I need to head to professor Oak's as well. "Well, Misty I need to go and Professor Oak. You coming with?"
"Yes, of course," she replied.

In Professor Oak's Lab
"Well, here we are Pikachu. Back at Oak's lab! The place where we first met," I told my partner. "Let's see if Professor Oak is in or not."
Upon entering Oak's Lab, I was greeted by his familiar call.
"Well, hello there, Ash. Long time no see." he said. "And welcome back Misty."
"Hi, Professor Oak," I said. "So, why did you want me?"

"I was getting to that," he said. "But I think you would want to meet your old pokemon first."
"Yes, I'll do that," I said, anxious to see my old pokemon again.
Both of us went out into the backyard where the first thing I see Heracross sucking on Bulbasaur.
"Hey, Heracross. Come here!"

Both pokemon came rushing towards me upon my voice reaching their earshot.
"Hey, Bulbasaur, can you call everybody?" I asked my trusty Bulbasaur.
Bulbasaur nodded and sent out a seed. Within a few minutes I was crowded by all my other pokemon.

"Hey guys, long time no see," I said.
"Wow, you sure have a lot of pokemon by now," Misty commented.
"Yes, I do," Ash said. "All of my pokemon would be Pikachu, Beedrill, Pidgeot, Bulbasaur, Snorlax, Meganium, Quilava, Totodile, Donphan, Noctowl, Sceptile, Swellow, Marshtomp, Torkoal, Glalie, Turtwig, Infernape, Staraptor, Buizel, Gliscor and my new ones, Dewott, Serperior, Scrafty, Krookodile and Braviary."

"Wow, that's a long list," Misty said, sweat-dropping a little.
"Yeah, I have a lot of pokemon," I said. "Alright, I am going to go in and listen to what Professor Oak has to say. Be right back. Are you coming?"
"No, I am going to stay here with all the water pokemon you have," Misty said. "There is no way you are gonna catch a water type better than your Squritle though."
"All of my water types are equally amazing," I said, annoyed. "Alright, I'm off to Oak's."

Inside
"Well, Professor Oak, what did you want me for?" I asked.
"Well, remember the unknown Pokemon you and Serena encountered 6 years ago," Professor Oak asked.
"The one I thought to be Ho-Oh?"
"Yes, that's the one," Oak said. "I have confirmed that the pokemon you encountered is indeed Ho-Oh and the pokemon Serena encountered is indeed Lugia."

"So, what about it?" I asked.
"Well, this is interesting. The origins of Ho-Oh and Lugia date back even prior to the creation of Groudon and Kyogre." Oak said.
"But how?"
"I don't know. But what I did gather is this. Ho-Oh and Lugia were the first legendary pokemon to not be created by Arceus. It is also strange that Ho-Oh is referred to as the "Golden Pokemon" and Lugia as the "Silver Pokemon". But what beats all is that after the burning of Tin Tower in Johto more than 600 years ago, Ho-oh and Lugia had not appeared. That is, till today." Oak continued.
"I wonder what their origin really is. Why they were made? And why they disappeared and suddenly reappeared in front of us of all people." I saiid.
"I hope to know too. But whatever it is, it feels that the reasons behind them are dark and deadly. There must be a reason why their tales have been kept secret for millenia."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Sir," said Jessie. "Team Rocket reporting."
"What is it this time?" Giovanni answered in exasperation.
"Sir, we have finished our exploration of Unova. What should we do next?" James asked.
"I don't know, go to kalos," Giovanni answered impatiently.
"Right, sir," Meowth said. "Onwards to Kalos."

"Why did you even keep those 3 nincumpoops?" Matori asked.
"Believe it or not Matori, they are the only ones we can spare for exploration and inflintration of foreign regions. Ever since Mewtwo betrayed us and destroyed our hideout at Viridian City, we have been bankrupt and struggling to keep up with debts. But, now, we are finally ready. So, then location of Mewtwo pinpointed?" Giovanni asked.

"We're getting on it," Matori answered.
"Good," Giovanni continued. "Come back when the locations of Mewtwo are pinpointed. He still has the meteor fragment fused in himself. We can scan him easily enough."

Giovanni with himself
"6 years, is that how long that has passed." Giovenni thought. "To think that my grand schemes were to delayed for 6 years. To think that what was wrong is yet to be righted. To think that the world still isn't in my grasp. All because of 1 mistake."

--6 years ago--

"Yes Mewtwo's testing is ready. Now, we can finally unleash his strenght upon the world," Giovanni said.
"Great," Mewtwo said. "The world will be ours."
"Ours?" Giovanni said, scornfully. "Mine. You are just one of the pawns I need for achieving that end."
"You lied to me!"
"As I did with everyone," Giovanni continued.
"You underestimate my power!"
"No, I don't, that's why I need you. Meteor Fragments ON!"
Two beams of light are shot at Mewtwo.

"After this you will be mine, mine and mine alone."
"No," Mewtwo said. "I won't surrender. You won't use me. This world shall not be the playground of people like you!"
Mewtwo broke away from the beams.
"Now, for that betrayal. You all must die!"

Present day

Giovanni still shudders at the thought. Mewtwo had killed everyone in the lab. Miraculously, he was the only survivor. 
"But this time, this time you won't escape me Mewtwo," Giovanni said.

-------------------------------------------------------------------