Chapter 14: Enter Calem

Ash P.O.V.
"I need to find a way to counter the sleep powder, I think this is my only option," I thought.
"Frogadier, I choose you!" I said, releasing the water type.

"So, did he decide to throw in the towel," Calem said.
"Just wait and watch," Serena said, feeling exasperated at this point.

"Frogadier use Double Team," I ordered my water type. Frogadier promptly made several copies of himself.
"Victreebell mow then down with Vine Whip,"
"Dodge ti!"
VIctreebell used its vinesto mow them down but the real one jumped up.
"Use Aerial Ace!"

Frogadier hit Victreebell with the super-effective Aerial Ace, doing hefty damage.
"Sleep Powder!" Ramos said.
"Use your frubbles to shield from the sleep powder.

Frogadier used its frubbles to shield from the powder, making him vitually immune to them.
"Now use Water Pulse!" Frogadier sent a pulse directly the fallen grass type, dealing the final blow.

"Victreebell is unable to battle! Frogadier is the winner!"

"Would ya look at that," Ramos said. "Using frubbles to protect from powder. Never heard of a thing like that. Alright, Gogoat, let's go!"

"Still think Ash is going to lose," Serena was looking at Calem, triumphant look on her face.
"Well, I have got to say that Ash surprised me," Calem said. "Unlikely he'll beat Gogoat. Not with that aggressive battle style."

"Frogadier use Water Pulse."
The pulse of water hit gogoat, who stood there unfazed.
"Frogadier use Aerial Ace!"
Frogadier used Aerial Ace to charge towards Gogoat, Frogadier jumped in and closed in.
"Gogoat use Grass Knot!"

Gogoat created a tuft of grass right in front of Frogadier. Frogadier tripped and fell down.
"Use Giga Drain!"
Gogoat drained energy from Frogadier, doing significant amounts of damage on the water type.
Frogadier was pushed back by the attack, very little health left.
"Now use Take Down!"

Gogoat rushed into Frogadier at very speeds.
"Dodge using Double Team!"
Frogadier created several copies of itself and dodged the Take Down.
"Now rush after it and use Cut!"

Frogadier rushed after Gogoat using Cut, doing sizeable damage.

"Use Razor Leaf," Ramos ordered.A flurry of leaves surrounded Frogadier."Watch out Frogadier," I said. "Don't get hit."Gogoat kept hitting the leaves at Frogadier."Dodge it!"

Frogadier dodged all the leaves thrown at him, however, Gogoat just kept on attacking."This is bad, if this continues on, Frogadier will run out of steam and lose. Aggh," I thought. "Wait, what was it that Ramos said. Sometimes its worth taking a little detour. Well, let's try that now.""Frogadier sense where Gogoat is!"Frogadier stopped moving and tried to sense Gogoat's location. It got hit with a few leaves but did not take much damage. "Use Aerial Ace!"Frogadier jumped out of the leaf wheel and struck right into Gogoat. Gogoat took massive damage from the attack."Awesome job, Frogadier!" I said.

"Gogoat, use Take Down!" Ramos said."Frogadier, double team to dodge!""Use Razor Leaf to cut them all down!" Gogoat launched a flurry of leaves at all the Frogadier clones. Any and all of the Frogadier disappeared.

"Where's the real Frogadier," Calem said from the stands."Wait for it," Bonnie said."Frogadier use Water Pulse!"Frogadier appeared behind Gogoat to launch a point-blank range. Even though the move was resisted, it dealt the final blow."Gogoat is unable to battle, Frogadier is the winner! And the so winner of the Coumarine City Gym Battle is Ash kechum from Pallet town!"

"Awesome job Frogadier, you did it!" I said, as me and Pikachu rushed onto the battlefield."Well, whipper-snapper that was an amazing battle," Ramos said. "To think you used Double Team as a decoy to get behind Gogoat as well as using Frogaider's frubbles to deflect the sleep powder. You have proven that you are more than worthy of this badge. Congradulations!"Wow, Ash certainly is an interesting trainer," Calem said."Nobody can beat Ash," Bonnie said."Told you so," said Serena, victorious look on face."Alright," Calem said. "I think I might battle him soon."

------------------------------------------------

Back at the Pokemon Centre
"Alright, I am now halfway to the Kalos League!" I said. "Have you decided on which gym you wish to challenge next?" asked Bonnie."Now that I have won my 4th badge," I said, throwing a glance at Clemont. "I know exactly which gym I wish to challenge.""I have been waiting for this," Clemont said."So, tomorrow we will be back on our way to Lumiose City." Serena said."Yes we'll need to make our way through the Lumiose badlands and we will be in Lumiose City," Clemont said."Did I hear you say Lumiose Badlands?" a voice came.

I looked up and saw Calem come towards us."Yeah," I said. "What about it?""Haven't you heard?" he said. "The badlands have been ravaged by vicious sandstorms. It's impassable at the moment.""Oh," Bonnie said. "So what do we do?""Stay in Coumarine till the road is passable again I guess," Serena said.

"Wanna come over to my place for tonight?" Calem asked.
"Thanks for the offer Calem," I said. "But will it be alright to you?"
"Yeah," Calem said. "My house has more than enough guest rooms for all the guests dad used to bring."
"Oh, alright." I said.

Later on
"Wow, Calem," I said. "Your cooking is amazing. So is Clemont's as always."
"Thanks for the compliment but it's no biggy," Calem said.
"I have macarons who wants to eat," Serena announced.
"Me, me, me," I said, turning to Calem. "Serena's poffles are by far the best, you should taste them."

Calem P.O.V.
At this comment I saw Serena turning a light shade of red. 
"Interesting," I thought, taking a bite.
"Wow, these really are impressive," I said.
"Thanks," Serena said.

"I heard you say something about wishing to battle Ash?" Clemont asked.
"Yes, I did," I said.
"THere's no way you will win," Bonnie said.
"How are you so sure," I said. "I am the Kalos League semi-finalist of last year."
"Great," Ash said. "The stronger my opponents are the stronger we get."

"That's what I like to hear," I said, really liking how high-spirited this trainer was.
"Best of luck against the Unova and Sinnoh league finalist," Serena said.
"Wait, he got to the finals!" I said, shocked.
"And beat legendary pokemon," Serena said. "Ash is the best trainer I have ever met."

I noticed that this comment caused Ash to blush, however much he tried to hide it.

"So they have a crush on eachother," I thought. "I believe the next couple of days will be a lot of fun."