Chapter 30: What is to come

Alright, skill honing time. I wasn't really satisfied with what I did on chapter 29, and so before I begin the 2nd part of the book, yes technically we have reached the halfway point of the book, I want to give myself a little break to hone my skills at writing after the 5 month long hiatus. Anyway, this chapter actually didn't happen, or it might have happened. Anyway, this part is more imported from another story, so extra special credit to Spike Chunsoft and the Pokemon Company for the main deal. People who know what is happening right here, don't spoil it for others, ok. So with all that out of the way, let's head to chapter 30.

Most importantly, the writing style in this chapter is what you'll have to deal with for the next few chapters, so deal with it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just this night, in a dimension far, far away................

The rain kept getting harsher and harsher, and Zangoose trembled in his bed. Not that he hated the rain, he usually really liked it. But this time it felt a bit different. Not as pure or soft as it always did. 

"Stir yourself, Zangoose," he said to himself. "You're not one to chicken out. Imagine how grandpa is feeling if you act like this."

Zangoose's grandpa, Donphan, resided in the other room. Even though Donphan wasn't his grandfather by blood, he still took care of him since he was a child. Strict, angry and sometimes a bit confused, Donphan was your average grandpa, and the oldest still living in Nial Village, named after the first settlement on the continent, Noe town. 

Donphan was revered around the village, ever since he was known to have nightmares about the future. Once he said that he had a nightmare about time stopping in a distant region, but nobody really paid heed to that as it actually never really happened. Well, no one except young Zangoose. He believed it, he didn't know why exactly. Probably just the old man's way of speaking really got to him.

Zangoose tried to go back to sleep, but couldn't with all the rain going on outside, with the occasional thunder deafening his ears. It was strange, just how foreshadowing it seemed to him. He imagined if someone was to write a book about him in the distant future, they would probably start it off like this, "A dark and stormy night, with Zangoose not being able to sleep at night and then suddenly DOPHAAAA-"

"Wait, what??" Zangoose jumped out of his bed in shock. He had little difficulty in understanding who or what made that sound, it was certainly his old grandpa.

He rushed to the next room, only to see Donphan awake, breathing heavily, as if he had a meeting with the devil himself.

Zangoose P.O.V.
"Grandpa," I said, rushing over to the old man's side. "What's the matter, you look as if you saw a ghost?"
"Zangoose, Zangoose," he said, breathing heavily. "It- it-"
"Hold on, I'm bringing you some dirt," I said.

After I brought him some dirt, grandpa looked more at ease. Dirt has the same effect on them as water does on us, after all. I patted his back, as he trembled.

"Grandpa, what happened?" I asked, breaking the silence.
"Zangoose, there have been many stories I've told you, many I've heard throughout my life. However, there is one I've kept you away from, one which nobody knows either."
"What is it?" I asked, wondering, but also fearing it.
"As you've known, when I was young, I travelled to many places, one of them being the Prehistoric Ruins. There I've read about the past, a past which has been concealed ever so carefully, for what it regards to, it's going to come back..."

"What's coming back?" I asked.
"The ancients had no idea of what it exactly was, but one thing is for sure, this thing there is no way it can be beaten. Even Arceus stands no match to it, and he has lent an equal hand to everyone else in shaping it."
"What's it going to do?" I asked.
"Nothing less than destruction of the whole world, along with all life in it...."