Ash vs Brock

Ash P.O.V.

"So today is the day for the long awaited rematch," said Misty. "Ash vs Brock, round 2."
"Yes," I said. "I can't get left behind by Gary and everyone else. Last I've heard from my mum
"Yes. I can't get left behind by Gary. He's got 3 badges already, the last thing I heard from the Professor. I better get a move one," I said."
"Considering just how hard you have trained with Flint and the sheer determination in both you and your pokemon, I feel it will all go well," said Serena.
"Thanks Serena but remember it was you who motivated me to carry on," said Ash. "Let's do this Pikachu, we'll not lose this time!"

In a few minutes, I was back in front of the Pewter Gym, location of my rematch. I opened the door and went over to battlefield. Brock was standing a few meters across on the opposite end. 
"I challenge this gym!" I said
"Your back," said Brock. "Interesting. You certainly look more determined. Let's see if that affects our battle. Same rules as before. How many pokemon do you have?"
"The three you know," I said. 

"The battle between Challenger Ash Kechum from Pallet Town and Gym Leader Brock of Pewter City will now begin. This will be a 3 vs 2 battle and the battle ends when all pokemon on either side are unable to battle. Furthermore, substitutions are not allowed. Battle, begin!"

"Geodude, go!" said Brock
"Beedrill, I choose you," I replied.
"Still going against type matchups...interesting," said Brock. "Geodude, use Tackle!"
"Fly up to dodge Beedrill!"

The bee pokemon flew up into the air and easily dodged Geodude's onward assault.
"You may have dodged Tackle by flying but you are not dodging this, Geodude use Rock Throw!"
 "Break the rocks and land an X-Scissor!"
Beedrill broke the rocks with its pincers and got close to Geodude, landing an X-Scissor. Geodude took some damage but not a ton.
"Use Mega Punch!"
Geodude lights up its fists and punches Beedrill who was nearby as a consquence of the X-Scissor attack. Beedrill tried to dodge but only slightly failed to.

"Use U-Turn!" said Ash.
"Wait what!" exclaimed Brock.
Beedrill rushed at the surprised Geodude at high speed, hit it with U-Turn and returned back to its pokeball.
"Great job Beedrill!" I said. "Now, Pidgeotto I choose you!"
"The Pidgeotto huh," said Brock. "You are better prepared I'll give you that."

"Wow, Ash is actually doing a lot better," said Misty. "Especially considering that he hadn't fought Geodude before and didn't know its battle style beforehand."
"Everything he has done this past week is paying off," said Serena. "After all that training with Flint, Ash is not the same trainer he was last week."
The girls flinched at Brock suddenly turning to them, giving an inquisitive look.
"Did you say Flint?" he asked.
"Yes," said Misty. "What about him?"
"Nothing," said Brock, turning back to the battlefield.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ignoring the type matchup again huh," said Brock. "Pidgeotto the flying type against the rock type Geodude."
"I know that but I believe in Pidgeotto. I know it can pull through," I said.
"Interesting, let's see if your willpower pulls through."

"Use Gust to blow Geodude back!"
Geodude stands its ground in the face of powerful winds sent from Pidgeotto
"Geodude won't be blown away by such a weak attack. Use Rock Throw,"
Ash: Double Team to dodge
Pidgeotto hurriedly dodges all the attacks by making multiple copies of itself. 

"Use Mega Punch" said Brock
"I know I need to use Steel Wing but I don't want to just yet for Brock to formulate a counter-attack. I need to wait for the right moment" I thought. "Pidgeotto Fly higher!" I said.