Chapter 19

Jungkook PoV
Me and y/n walked into Jung-Mi's hospital room ; I had my arm around y/n's shoulders as she was helping me walk.

"My little princess." I scrunched my nose smiling and sat next to her, her droopy eyes looking at me as she let out her bunny smile.

"Oppa and Unnie! I-." she yawned, her eyes fighting between a battle of sleeping and stayed awake. Me and y/n chuckled at her.

"Baby you can sleep. We will be right here." Y/n said, stroking her head. Jung-Mi shook her head, hesitating. "What if you go and the bad guys come?" She whimpered.

"I promise we won't go. Unnie and Oppa will fight off all the bad guys." I stroked her head as she instantly fell into a deep slumber.

"She's going to be like this for a while." Y/n sighed. I nodded at her, continuing to sadly stare at JungMi.

"I swear to god Jeon Jungkook if your blaming yourself I will strangle you with my own hands." Y/n warned, trying to sound scary but she just sounded cute.

I softly laughed at her statement, putting my hand around her shoulder. "I can't help it."

-

It was now the next morning and the doctor allowed us to both go home  today. I called back all the maids, servants, guards and chefs as I won't be able to do anything and it won't be fair on y/n to do everything.

We reached home, I used my crutches to support myself as y/n carried JungMi because she was feeling sick.

We took our seats in the living room, JungMi in the middle of me and y/n.

I before any of us could say anything, Jung-Mi threw up everywhere. "Omo baby..." y/n worriedly said.

I patted her back and let her continue vomiting over the floor. I tied her hair back as y/n repeatedly wiped her mouth with a wipe.

After a while she stopped, but then began to cry. "Are you okay JungMi?" I asked her, pulling her weak body into a hug to calm her down.

Y/n called the maids to come and clean up the vomit, and she got up to make soup for us.

Soon, JungMi fell asleep in my embrace. I pulled away a little and looked at her face.

There was no chubby cheeks, no bright face and no bright smile. I hated how she isn't running around everywhere, her laughter echoing throughout the whole house.

"Y/n come here." I called. I gave her JungMi so she could help her wash up as I got up and followed them, using my crutches.

                         Y/n PoV
I took Jung-Mi into our room, laying her down on the bed before changing her clothes. I didn't bother making her have a bath as she was resting.

I smiled sadly at her, knowing this will continue for a while.

I feel like this was all my fault. I failed to see Jay's plans properly. "What are you thinking about?" Jungkook said and sat on the left side of the bed, me on the right and JungMi in the middle.

"If I did my job properly and spied on Jay and his plans, I could've prevented all of this." I choked back my tears, feeling guilty.

"Ya! You told me you'll strangle me if I blame myself and now your blaming yourself? I can assure you that this is not your fault at all. You did your best and your best was way more than enough. Let's stop blaming ourselves now. It won't get us very far."