Chapter 8

*Slowly walks in and places chapter in front of you while you glare at me*

Heh...*runs*
            -------------------------------------------------

Ever since that day, I was sent to him more frequently. At first it was only at night, but soon I started going during the day.

  He was very easily bored, so my job was to entertain him. So I read for him. I'd read from any book I picked out of his large library that day. If I didn't finish, it was alright. I'd continue the next day.

  It didn't matter what kind of book it was. I realised that all he really wanted was for the silence in that underground palace to be filled. I understood that feeling all too well.

  Of course, that wasn't all I was there for. He needed to feed after all.

  He didn't feed everyday, but I found myself getting used to it. And when I got used to it... I began to welcome it. Oddly enough, the familiar heat became pleasurable in a way.

  I would be weak and dazed for a while after. He'd always hold me and nuzzle the spot on my neck where he drank from after licking away all the excess blood. He was a neat eater.

  If I passed out I would spend the night in his bed. It got to a point where I sat through his meetings with my father. That's when I really got to know what this whole arrangement was about. He approached me about it one day after my father had left.

"Aren't you appalled, Eunhee?". I turned away from my book to look up at him. He tilted his head, waiting for my answer.

"Why should I be, my lord?", I asked in response.

"You know what I'm talking about. Your master is the mastermind of a whole conspiracy. You're on the bad side", he grinned at me, "It's despicable, isn't it?"

"It is, my lord. But I can't say I expected any less", I answered truthfully.

  He stared at me, then promptly burst into laughter. Sitting next to me, he shifted and laid his his head on my lap.

  "Read to me, Eun-ah".

  Placing a hand in his hair, I complied.
     -------------------------------------------------------

  "Hurry up, Eunhee."

  "Yes, Father", I responded, taking my sseugae chima from Soonie then promptly making my way to the gama[A/N: This place deadass sounds like I'm trying too hard😫 I'm sorry I just wanted to be accurate and match with the pic please forgive me if you cringed. 😭🙈]

  I settled in and after a while it was picked up and we were on our way

  Everything went normally before I realised that the turn we had taken was wrong. I frowned. Where were we going?