Chapter 17

Will any of you believe me if I told you that this whole chapter took me less than five hours to write and edit?

So I wanted to finish it yesterday but my mom was having a surgery so that plan was out the window. (She's absolutely fine don't worry.

I wanted to upload this chapter when it was still Hobi's birthday in Korea because I promised it so I had to fulfil that promise. It ain't much but hopefully y'all have something to satisfy you until the next update.

I'll set more deadlines to try and be more regular but for now just enjoy this. Oh and-

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR SUNSHINE JUNG HOSEOK🎂🍾🍾🎉🎊🎉🎊💜💜💜💜💜💜🌻🌻🐿🐿
I love him.

Anyway on to the chapter>>>
        ----------------------------------------------------

Gwi's POV

  I found myself watching Eunhee sleep much more than I'd like to admit. I scoffed. I was a vampire, not a pathetic pervert. I'd much rather leave that to the humans. I had other things to attend to anyway.

  On the rooftops, I felt a chill down my spine, knowing immediately that one of my sired vampires had just been killed.

Sung-yeol.

  Just like his predecessor, this guardian was quite skilled at hiding from me. It had been a good 120 years... I wondered what else he had been up to. I chuckled. Probably trying to find a way to destroy me completely.

  He was clearly aware of my presence, evident from the way he let me chase after him over the rooftops. I had no intention of catching him in the first place. My only goal was to taunt him a little.

  I succeeded, if the look of anguish I saw on his face before I left was anything to go by. I scoffed. This was his only problem. The mere mention of his late fiancée and he looked ready to rip his un-beating heart out.

Love.

  That wretched emotion was causing him so much pain for so long. How could it be anything but a weakness? Holding onto it was an admirable resolve, but a very foolish one.

  I left silently. It would be sunrise in a couple of hours. I needed to feed again before returning. I'd prefer to be back in the palace before she woke.

A lone merchant packing up shop.

A pair of gisaengs and the man loitering with them.

A group of beggars sleeping outside a tavern.

  I drained them all and turned them, replacing the ones Sung-yeol had destroyed. I wasn't in the mood for a full massacre that evening, so I was satisfied enough to return when I was done with them.

  I darted back to to the silence of the palace, fully expecting Eunhee to still be asleep

What I didn't expect, was for her to come rushing out almost immediately after I had returned.

  She looked frantic, clearly upset for one reason or another. I frowned.

  "My Lord!", she cried out upon seeing me. She rushed over, but seemed to remember herself and stopped in front of me.

  "What is it? What happened?", I asked. There was no one else present apart from us, so I was worr- confused on what the problem might be. She hesitated before answering, her hands fidgety and restless.

"My lord- I woke up and my lord was gone", she answered, looking anywhere else but me.

  I blinked. She was this panicked... because I was gone? I huffed.

  "I went to meet someone. I thought you would still be asleep by the time I returned", I explained. That seemed to satisfy her because she nodded and finally looked up to face me.

  "Forgive me my lord. I was just being unreasonably paranoid", She apologized. I found it amusing. She was more paranoid in my absence that in my presence. She was a strange one.

  "My lord, did you feed?", she suddenly asked. I tilted my head in confusion, but when she pulled out a clean embroidered handkerchief from her sleeve and raised it toward my face, I was reminded that I probably still had blood on my face.

  She had paused, her hand hovering near my face. She waited, as if asking for my permission to touch. I leaned my head down, silently granting her that permission.

  Gently, she wiped my face, taking her time and even using her other hand to cup my cheek, keeping my face in place.

  Her brow was furrowed in concentration, her bottom lip drawn between her teeth. I couldn't take my eyes off her.

  When she was done with my face, she went further down to my neck. Gently wiping all the blood away until my skin was clean. When she was satisfied with her work, she pulled away.

"There, all clean", she declared, smiling. She stepped back and bowed.
"Until Father arrives, I will be in the library if my lord needs me."

  I nodded, dismissing her. I watched her walk towards the library, her shoulders and her stride equally relaxed. I chuckled.

To think she felt completely at ease here. I may have spoilt her a bit too much, I mused.

I made no resolution to stop.

   ===================================
Alright! That's it for today. Hopefully I'm more inspired by the next chapter and I type more than just 700 and something words😢

Btw my time zone is GMT, in case y'all want to keep track😊

Have a wonderful day!💜