Chapter 30

Eunhee's POV

"It's getting late. I should get home before it starts to get dark."

I pouted at Hyeryung's words but nodded nonetheless, getting to my feet as she did the same.

"Noona go?" Daeseong piped up, his round eyes blinking up at both of us. Daejung sat next to him, nibbling on one of the treats we had gotten from the marketplace. Hyeryung smiled at my brother and knelt down once more to meet his height.

"Mn. Noona has to leave now, but I'll visit again very soon. Alright?" she assured. Daeseong nodded with a wide smile.

"With yummy stuff?" he asked, his eyes shining with hope. Hyeryung chuckled, nodding.

 Hyeryung chuckled, nodding

"Of course, darling. All the yummy treats you want," she promised, eliciting a happy noise from both boys.

I saw her out and to her gama, hugging her back when she embraced me first.

"I had a lot of fun with you today, Eun-ah. We'll do it again soon, hm?" I nodded, smiling.

"Absolutely. I'll look forward to it."
I waved her off as she was fully settled in the gama.

"Bye! Rest well!" I called out.
She answered with a fond smile and a wave, before the small window was being shut and the servants were taking it away.

I stared after them for a while longer before sighing and heading back inside.

***
"Eunhee."

"Yes, unnie?" I answered. We had chosen to walk home from the marketplace instead of sitting in her gama to draw out the journey a little longer.

Hyeryung turned to me, a serious look on her beautiful features.

"I need you to do me a favour." I blinked, a bit confused on why she had turned so serious but nodding in agreement anyway.

"Of course. What is it?" She stopped walking, looking down at our clasped hands before gripping my hands tighter and looking back up at me.

"Eunhee. What happened in the marketplace... do not tell Gwi."