Chapter 20

I'M DONE!

So funny story.

Chapters 20 and 21 were actually one whole chapter, but it ended being 2k+ words and that wouldn't have been fair to the 700+ word chapters.

So I split it and added some more words to the smaller chapter so they would both pass the 1k word count. Finished typing it all in one night instead of working on an assignment and I was very proud of myself😌😌

Also while typing I made a Spotify playlist. My original Lovely playlist was on Deezer but I had to move to Spotify for some reasons. So it's not exactly the same but it had the most significant songs plus some newer additions that I enjoy listening to when I write and think fit the vibe of the story. Most of the time. I'll put them in the intro chapter for new readers but in the comments here as well:

Deezer:

Spotify:

Enjoy the update!

======================================

Eunhee's POV

"...then you might as well leave."

...might as well leave.

...as well leave.

...leave.

leave

"...What?" I could barely hear my own voice. In shock, I snapped my head back up to him, desperately hoping that I misheard him, but he had already began to turn away from me.

"My lord-"

I had barely taken a full step forward when a series of loud bangs echoed through the chamber. I ignored it, still focused on Gwi. He had stepped back, walking away.

"It was scary wasn't it?" he said, sitting back down. He raised his head to meet my eyes. "Run away before it's too late."

"But my lord-"

"Just go."

I stood there, frozen and staring.

"Don't give me time to change my mind", his low voice briefly drew me out of my shock and I blinked as he turned away as he turned away from me. I exhaled shakily, then slowly made my way out. Numbly, I walked out of the underground palace and into the gama. My chest felt heavy.

"Agassi!" I heard Kyungsoon call out the moment I stepped foot in the courtyard. I watched blankly as her small figure, outlined in the dim light of dawn, rushed over to me.

"Agassi...", her tone grew concerned as she got close and she gently placed a hand on my arm, looking up at me. "Are you- Is everything alright? Did something happen?"

I just shook my head. "It doesn't matter. It was my fault." I walked to my chambers after that, too tired to talk more.

Once in my room, I began to prepare for bed, not really paying attention and relying on muscle memory

Once in my room, I began to prepare for bed, not really paying attention and relying on muscle memory. My mind was far too occupied to think of anything else.

*flashback*

I rushed through the dim stone corridors leading to Gwi's palace, the book I just finished the previous night in my hands. I couldn't wait to read the next issue.

When I got to the door, it was slightly ajar so hardly scraped against the ground when I pushed it open. I walked in excitedly- only to freeze in my tracks. A shaky gasp involuntarily escaped my lips and Gwi's eyes snapped open to meet mine.

His irises were the usual bright blood red they always were when he fed, but the look in his eyes was different than when he fed from me. Where he would usually look sated and relaxed, almost mirroring my own weak state after he fed from me, here he looked wild and his eyes pierced through me.

Then he blinked, and the look mellowed slightly. Like the haze had cleared up a bit.

He let go of the girl he had been feeding from and she simply crumpled to the ground like a ragdoll. I looked back at him but then swallowed and averted my gaze. I heard his robes rustle as he moved and I acted before I could think.

"I will be in the library if my lord needs me. Excuse me", I blurted, then tried to hurry past him. I couldn't get very far as suddenly a large hand gripped my arm. I raised my head to look up at him, meeting his gaze. His eyes still shone red, and all it reminded me of was the body of the girl lying just a few feet away. I tried my best to ignore that and focused fully on him.

He seemed to hesitate a bit before he licked his lips and spoke. "I'll be busy tonight", he informed me. I nodded and looked away again, feeling like if I stared for too long his eyes would haze over with that wildness I saw earlier. After he let me go, I rushed into the library. I put the book down and placed my trembling hands in my lap, trying to process my thoughts.

I knew he was a vampire. I had seen evidence of him feeding before- even cleaned it off with my own handkerchief. It was no different from him feeding from me... was it? I sighed. No. No, it was different and I knew it. He never looked like this after feeding from me.

Feral.

I rubbed my face, breathing shakily. Of course he had a feral side. He was a predator after all. It was just... I didn't see him as one. At least, not all the time. I had just become so familiarized with him that I forgot most of the time.

I sighed and went to search for the book I had come for, but I was no longer excited to read it. I waited for a while, rereading the previous book in the meantime. When I was sure I heard no noise in the main chamber, I ventured out. Most of me was relieved to see that Gwi was gone -as well as the dead girl- but a small part of me was still a bit upset like I always was when he left me alone.

I shuffled to the bedchamber, taking off my shoes and settling in the bed once I had gotten to it. I clutched the second pillow close. Gwi used this pillow more than me, and as a result I could vaguely sense hints of him in it as I held it close and inhaled.

It took me a while to fall asleep though, the thought of what I would do when he returned eluding me completely. It wasn't like he had actively lied to me either, but it still... It frightened me, the reminder of how dangerous he truly was. After all, I was just a "pet". He could easily grow tired of me.

*flashback end*

A painful lump settled in my throat. Tired... was he really tired of me? He had truly been angry- maybe I had finally exhausted his patience with me. Finally grasping the situation, I couldn't control the sob that burst its way out of my throat. I crumpled to the floor.

But I didn't- I was just frightened. He couldn't blame me for that. It wasn't fair. I still wanted to be by his side. I clutched at my head, gasping as more tears flowed down my cheeks. I couldn't breathe through the sobs that wracked my body.

"Please don't push me away. I just need time", I sobbed, curling into myself.

"I just need time."