Chapter 4

"Eun...Eunhee?"

I groaned as I felt someone lightly shake me. I heard a gasp and that jolted me awake. I was met with the wide eyes of my father.

"Father? You-", I was cut off by him grabbing my arm and forcing me up. I obediently got to my feet, the extremely comfortable quilt sliding off my body. He didn't even give me time to speak and just shoved me towards the entrance of the chamber.

"Took you long enough."

We both stopped, my father tensing up. I turned to see the vampire...Gwi...staring at us with a bored look on his face. He was sitting crosslegged on the floor, his long elegant fingers fiddling with a neat black straw hat.

His nails tapped against the stiff material before he got to his feet in one swift motion. My father immediately bowed low, apologising.

"Forgive me, my lord. There was some...delay. I promise it-", he was cut off by Gwi waving him off.

"I don't want to hear it. Just leave", he said, tossing the hat away then turning away.

My father bowed once more then continued to shuffle me out. Reaching the door, he knocked twice before it opened. Before we went out however, I couldn't resist looking back to catch another glimpse.

 I saw his face

I saw his face...He gave a barely visible smirk- before I was ushered out and the door shut. Suddenly I was shaken and I turned to face my father.

"Hey. Listen to me. You are not to say a word of whatever happened from last night till now, do you understand me?", he ordered. I blinked at him. Seriously? He didn't even ask if I was okay...

"Eunhee! Do you understand?!", he repeated, looking mad. I slowly nodded.

"Yes, Father. I understand", I assured him. He nodded and straightened up before turning to the servant who had opened the door. He gestured towards the corridor and the servant nodded before running off.

Father let go of my arms and began to walk off. I swallowed the lump in my throat, blinked back the stinging in my eyes and followed after him.

I don't know why I was even surprised at this point.

We got to the final door which was already open and I made my way to the gama open for me. Before I got in though, something caught my eye. I turned to look at it before getting in and my heart dropped. It was a wooden cart with a sheet on it. Just like the one they used to carry my mother away.

A cart for corpses.

The door shut and I turned to look at my hands folded tightly in my lap, swallowing.

Suddenly the only thing that flashed through my mind was when he grabbed my hand to stop me from moving away. I still remembered how it felt.

Cold and hard, like a marble sculpture. That's what he looked like...a beautiful marble sculpture come to life. I rubbed my forehead, feeling weak.

What was going to happen now?

------------------------------------------------------------------

It was like nothing happened. No, scratch that. It was worse. My stepmother treated me like she normally did...but instead of sneers and growls, she snickered and scoffed. Like I was pathetic.

I guess I was. I hadn't told anyone what had happened that night...It had been two and a half weeks already, almost three. I was still very confused about what had happened and found myself zoning out a lot. I couldn't ask my father either, not unless I wanted trouble.

So I kept quiet, only speaking when required to. I guess I couldn't blame them. When a young girl is sent away in the dead of the night and brought back before sunrise, it leaves a lot to the imagination.

I hadn't slept well in a while- it seemed like my chores in the house had slowly increased. From cleaning up after meals to laundry duty, the work of the servants started to lessen.

I took it in stride, seeing it as training for the future. I could do it anyway, what was the harm in losing a few more hours of sleep? After all, even when I did get to bed... I couldn't sleep.

I kept thinking about what happened in that underground palace... and why... I missed it...

I shook my head. Why was I being so foolish? I could've died easily... even my father thought the same. I grimaced as the image of that cart flashed through my mind.

I folded the last piece of laundry before placing it in the basket and putting it away. I was taking off my work apron when I heard my father's entourage come to the compound.

I went over to welcome him along with the rest of the household. Keeping my head down, I listened as he whispered something to a servant before Mother came over with my brothers.

"My lord, welcome home", she greeted. Father grunted in response.

"Have you eaten?", he asked, I assumed referring to my brothers. I was wrong though.

"Eunhee", I heard, making me look up.

"Yes?", I answered, a bit confused. My father stared at me, clearly waiting for an answer.
"I-No, Father."

"Why?"

"I-I just finished my chores. I was going to...", I trailed, looking up at him. He had a troubled look on his face as he turned to the maid he was talking to.

"Go take care of her... and make it quick", he ordered before turning and walking to his study. Mother followed with her sons, obviously curious. Well so was I. Get me ready? For what?

"Hey, you! Get the meal ready", the maid ordered to another younger maid, then turned to me, "Come, agasshi." I just stared, but followed anyway.

It couldn't possibly be what I was thinking... could it...?

------------------------------------------------------------------

Again.

I was being sent there again.

The initial shock found me being very compliant and before I knew it I was in the gama already, all fed and dressed. Before I realised what was going on the door was shut and latched.

Searing, blinding pain.

Black spots filling my vision.

"It...hurts..."

I gasped. How did I forget so soon? I placed my hands on the locked doors, but hesitated. I didn't even dare bang on them. What were they going to do, let me go?

"No...no, no, no...please...", I felt a lump in my throat and my eyes stung. I knew how helpless my situation was and it made me so angry. That anger quickly gave way to fear as I began to panic.

What if he chose to kill me this time? I wasn't exactly in tip top shape so it wouldn't be hard. He didn't care anyway. I clawed at my chest, finding it hard to breathe. Suddenly the palanquin stopped and the door opened shortly after. I turned to see my father's emotionless face.

"Get out."

      ================================
Geez...

Okay if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask me. I'm not really clear on the story line myself so if I get feedback from you guys it'll really help a lot in the writing process.

Thanks for sticking around, I love you, I didn't think anyone was even going to read this so y'all are a very pleasant surprise. Many thanks.

Bye!