Chapter 29

Hello *waves*

Once again I’m starting my author’s note with an apology. I know it’s literally been a year since my last update and I had mentioned an update months ago, but unfortunately that couldn’t happen.

I didn’t have any life threatening incidents that kept me from writing, I’m afraid.
Much of my absence was mostly just school work that took all my time and energy and all the free time I had was spent recovering from that.
So I ended up taking a hiatus which I genuinely wanted to keep as short as possible but time got away from me and I couldn’t return with stuff I was satisfied with. 

I’m currently on holiday at the moment so I was able to start writing again. Admittedly it hasn’t been easy to get back into how I used to be, but I’m taking it slow and trying my best to pace myself healthily in order to give you guys a story that is good enough. So to all of you who still stuck around, thank you and I'm sorry.

I don’t have much more to say so I’ll cut this short. This update may not be worth the year long wait but hopefully it’s the beginning of a bit more consistency to the rest. Hope you enjoy!

=====================

Eunhee's POV

The weather was cool and mild, perfect for a day out. Kyungsoon stood next to me as I stood in the marketplace. We were waiting for Hyeryung to show up.

She had arrived the day before and insisted on meeting me today, despite me protesting it and asking her to rest from her journey. She claimed she was fine in her letter and that she had missed me. I also didn’t need much convincing, so that brought me here, waiting at the spot she asked to meet at.

True to his word, Gwi gave me as many days as I wanted to catch up with Hyeryung. I appreciated it greatly, but as much as I had missed my dear friend, I honestly didn’t think I could stay away from him for too long. The man himself sulked easily even though he didn’t know it. I chuckled under my breath at the thought.

“What’s got you giggling all of a sudden?”

I snapped my head around so fast at the sound of that familiar voice.

“Unnie!” I squealed, immediately pouncing on her for a hug. I felt her chuckles rumble through her chest as she returned the embrace. After a while, she pulled away and cradled my face in her hands with a smile.

 After a while, she pulled away and cradled my face in her hands with a smile

“How’s my favourite dongsaeng?” she cooed. I giggled at that, my cheeks heating up from her smothering.

“I’m doing well, unnie. Even better now that you’re back. I missed you a lot,” I admitted, pouting. Hyeryung smiled and hooked her arm through mine. 

“Well then let’s catch up, hm? Make up for the time I was gone.”

We strolled through the marketplace like that, filling each other in on the things we missed. Hyeryung narrated how the training period had gone, and as I expected it was easy for her. She was already naturally regal, graceful and intelligent so being a queen would come naturally to her as well. I told her as much, making her giggle.