Chapter 6

Gwi's POV

I stared at the girl asleep on my bed. I said I wouldn't care...but from the looks of it, no one did. I got to my feet, frowning. Placing the gayageum back in its chest, the memory of what happened earlier today went through my mind.

                     ------flashback------

"-to find him, but there are men stationed all over the city. If there's any news, we will know immediately", Doyun reported. I sat quietly, reading and rereading one of the yellow flyers. I said nothing, and this obviously made him nervous.

I hummed. This darned guardian was getting on my nerves, but it was only a matter of time...I felt my temper flaring- I knew it was because I hadn't fed in a while. I turned to Doyun.

"Minister."

"Yes, my lord?"

"I'm hungry."

He visibly tensed. The corner of my lips twitched as I stared at him.

"What- What would you like, my lord?", he asked, you know, like a fool. I rolled my eyes.

"Honestly...I wonder how you passed your exams. Why do think I left her alive?", I said in a bored tone. I knew I'd hurt his pride. It was fun seeing him so nervous.

"Y-Yes, my lord", he stuttered, "I will bring her at the end of the week-"

"No."

"No- my lord?"

"Bring her now."

He gulped, his Adam's apple almost hidden by the chain mail around his neck. I internally scoffed. Did he really think that could stop me?

"Now... my lord?", he asked hesitantly. I turned to him with a cocked brow.

"Yes. Is that going to be a problem?", I asked him. He shook his head furiously.

"Definitely not. Right away."

"Mm. Hurry off now", I commanded, shooing him away with my hand. I scoffed at his retreating figure- such a repulsive person. The image of his daughter suddenly flashed through my mind.

I sighed. She was quite unfortunate. I turned toward the library so I could occupy myself while I waited for her arrival.

Not even an hour later, she was brought to me.

I was not pleased with what I saw. She looked tired and pale, the bags under her eyes more pronounced than last time. How hard was it to get some sleep in that house? I couldn't feed from her when she was like this...if she didn't die, she'd be in a bad condition.

I sighed internally. If I couldn't feed, she might as well do some work for me.

(A/N: Imagine this but him fully dressed, no abs on display)

I left her in the library but stayed alert just in case. I shook my head- she wasn't dying, just tired. Why was I so worried anyway? But that didn't stop me from perking up when I heard a chair screech.