Chapter 13

Bet you didn't see this coming huh?
That's right! 🎊DOUBLE🎊 update!
  I figured y'all deserved it from me abandoning you for so long🤧🤧. Sorry about that again. It seems like every update has an apology starting it at this point😅.
Anyway happy reading!!
                      -----------------------------

Eunhee's POV

"What do you mean you're leaving?!"
Hyeryung sighed and reached for my hands.

"I have to leave for training. Since the Crown Prince was away I couldn't go to the palace for it."

  I said nothing, staring at our clasped hands.

"Eun-ah..." I made a noncommittal noise in response. "Its only going to be for a couple of months... no more than three."

"That's... a long time. You're leaving in two days-", I looked up at her, "I'll miss you."

  She smiled at me, "I'll miss you too. In fact, the moment I get back, you'll be the first person I look for."

"Really?", I asked, a smile forming on my face. Hyeryung nodded.

"I'll tell you all about it and you can tell me about all the new books you read while I was gone."

  I nodded vigorously, then paused. "I've read all the books I have though... maybe my lord has some more in his libra... ry...", I trailed off when I set eyes on Hyeryung's face which had turned tense all of a sudden.

"Unnie?"

"I hate him. Heavens, I hate him!", she blurted.

  My smile fell and I began to take my hands out of her hers. She shook her head and gripped them tighter.

"No I-", she sighed, "Alright. You said I should trust you and I will. Just be careful, alright?"

  I nodded, smiling slightly. She mirrored my expression, before suddenly pouting.

"I wish we could spend the rest of my days here together. It's been a while since we've spent time together."

"Oh...", I said, breaking off in thought. "I could ask my lord if-".

"No!", she suddenly cut me off. "No I- I don't want him to be angry with you or anything."

  I wanted to assure her that Gwi wouldn't get angry at me, but seeing the look on her face, I just decided to comply.

"Alright then. Maybe... I can pass by tomorrow before I come here?". She smiled a bit and nodded.

"That sounds good. I'll get your favourite snacks ready."

I giggled.

                                      ***

  As we went back to the outer chamber, Gwi turned to us almost immediately. He tilted his head as we came closer.

"Is everything cleared up now?", he asked.

"Yes my lord. She told me everything I needed to know", I answered him.

  I really wanted to bring up the issue of spending time with Hyeryung before she left, but a quick glance at her glaring face (not at me) reminded me of her words and I hesitated. Suddenly-

"Right Minister."

"Yes, my lord?"

"I have some personal matters to attend to today. They can't wait. Take Eunhee with you and your daughter as you leave."