Chapter 26

Gwi's POV

“Can you teach me?”

I stopped plucking the strings of the gayageum, laying my hands on them before turning to her.

“You want to learn how to play?” I queried. She nodded, a hopeful look on her face.

“Yes. You always play for me; I wish to play for you as well.”

I hummed. “Very well. Come here.”

Her lips split into a smile, her eyes lighting up. She rushed over to me, seating herself right in my lap without thinking twice about it. I placed my chin on her shoulder and picked up her hands, guiding them to the strings.

“Bend your fingers like this”, I directed, my voice low. I held her hands in mine, placing them correctly on the strings. As she followed my instructions to pluck basic chords, I nuzzled into the side of her neck. Her breath stuttered and she made a mistake. I tutted.

"Start again", I ordered. She slumped forlornly. 

"I wouldn’t have to if you didn't distract me!" I smirked at that.

"I'm not doing anything, though?" I mumbled, nuzzling into her neck again. She stiffened up once more, and I smiled against her skin.

"My lord!"

I opened my eyes, the memory fading away as I came back to the present. My fingers stilled over the strings I had been offhandedly plucking, and the last chord faded out as the string slowly stopped vibrating.

"My lord!" I looked up.

Ah... She was here already? I watched Eunhee stomp over towards me- or at least her version of it. If it was anyone else, they would barely be able to tell that she was upset, but her jaw was clenched and her eyes were sharp. Oh, she was furious. Amused, I laid back, propped up a leg, and yawned.

 Amused, I laid back, propped up a leg, and yawned

“My lord”, she said as she got to me. 

“Hm?” I smiled at her. She looked awfully striking like this... I needed to annoy her more, just for her minute frown which deepened ever so slightly at my nonchalance. My lips curled up even more.

"You came to my house", she deadpanned. I tilted my head. 

"Oh? You found out? What happened?" I asked, curious. She sighed.

"My lord, while I... appreciate what you did, you did not have to do it. It was too reckless!" My brows furrowed. 

“But I wanted to. And judging from the fact that you know I was there, that woman must've come to beg for forgiveness." My eyes narrowed, the smile slipping off my face.

"Right?" 

If she didn't, I would simply have to go back and actually rip out her throat this time since she couldn't use it properly.