Chapter 7

*runs to you and drops this in your lap*
Sorry *pant* for being so *pant* late.
*PANT*
  I've been really busy but I figured I'd put this off for so long and I don't want to drop it I just had really severe writers block.
   I'm still figuring this story out so feel free to leave suggestions for what you'd like to see and I'll see if I can take it into consideration.
  So anyway here's the next chapter I wrote while I was running on guilt, caffeine and chocolate. Enjoy!🤗

     ------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Eunhee's POV

   I turned away from the image of Gwi reaching over to touch that case. For reasons unknown to me, my heart clenched. He looked so graceful, but nonchalant at the same time. Like he had all the time in the world. It was...indescribable. I don't even know why such a thing fascinated me so much.

  I touched my neck once I was back in the gama. Nothing. I didn't feel the dull throbbing that was present the last time he fed from me. Did He like his prey awake? And did he always serenade them to sleep...?

  I was jolted out of my reverie when the door opened. I was helped out but before I walked off Father stopped me.

  "Are you hungry?", he asked. My jaw clenched and I let out a barely noticeable sigh.

  "No, Father", I assured.

  "Alright", he nodded. "Go back to bed", he then ordered. My eyebrows furrowed. Bed? But I just...

  "Aren't you going?", he questioned. I snapped out of it and left.

  But I couldn't sleep. The dream I had kept flashing through my mind although I could barely remember most of it. All I remembered was that I was little... and lost... and running...

  Then I was back home.

  I sighed, then sat up. If I wasn't going to sleep I might as well be productive.

         -----------------------------------------------------
  After a bath and change of clothes, I made my way to the into the courtyard, full laundry basket in my arms. Just then one of the maids rushed over to me out of nowhere.

"Agassi, let me do that for you", she said, immediately taking the basket from me. I frowned in confusion. Had they changed the chores?

  Still confused, I turned away to grab a broom to sweep the courtyard with. I hadn't even made it to the closet when two other maids darted past me, grabbed the broom and promptly began to sweep.

  Okay this made no sense. As if sensing my uneasiness, one girl stopped and came over to me.

"Agassi, you're a lady. You shouldn't be trying to work. Your father said you weren't allowed to... that you should busy yourself with more respectable things."

  I recognised this girl. Kyungsoon. She was about my age and unlike everyone else, she didn't look at me mockingly. She'd tried to cling to me before, working with me and helping me, but the disapproving looks from her colleagues had me letting her know that it was better she kept her distance.

  It hurt to lose the only friend I had...but I felt it was better for her. I couldn't let anyone else get bullied because of me.

  Back to the present. I tilted my head in confusion, "But, what about the chores...?"

"Like I said, you're a lady. To be honest-", her voice dropped to a whisper, "-I don't understand why you were made to work in the first place." She shook her head.