Chapter 21

*This user is proud of Bangtan Sonyeondan*
Also Kim Namjoon for President💜

Eunhee's POV

"Agassi... Are you truly okay?"

Occupied with making a wrap, I only answered her when I was done. "I'm fine. It's not like I've stopped eating or anything", I chuckled.

Of course not. You're just taking care of your body in case he actually calls for you again.

Kyungsoon still frowned. "Yes but it's like, ever since you got back a few days ago you've seemed so detached. Sometimes when I talk to you it takes so long for you to realize", she pouted.

"And you're always either in here or sitting by the pond in the garden, sometimes for hours on end

"And you're always either in here or sitting by the pond in the garden, sometimes for hours on end. You barely even read anymore. And it's not like you've run out of material because you just got a new batch", she sighed. "What is really going on, agassi?"

I slowly put my food down, looking down at the table top for a while. I swallowed the lump in my throat.

"I'm okay, Kyungsoon-ah", I looked up at her and smiled. "Really. I just had a bad day that day and saw something I wish I hadn't. But I'm getting over it now. Thank you for worrying. Just bear with me a little while longer, hm?"

"I understand. I know there are some things I can't know, but I'll always be here to listen or even distract you if you need it", she smiled. Automatically, I mirrored her smile and I rushed to her side to pull her into a hug, making her giggle.

"You're so precious, Soon-ah. Thank you."

---

A wisp of smoke dissipated into nothing as I blew out the candle

A wisp of smoke dissipated into nothing as I blew out the candle. Everyone had gone to bed already, but I couldn't sleep just yet. I was feeling sad again. The chat I had had with Kyungsoon had cheered me up a little bit, but it wasn't enough to completely chase away the dark cloud that hovered above my head. I sighed. I hated feeling like this.

Remembering Kyungsoon's comment on how little I had been reading, I decided to try picking up something again. I walked over to my shelf, picked one of my favourite collection of stories and sat at my desk to read, but even the familiar words on the page made no sense to me. All I could think about was how I would've preferred to be with Gwi instead; reading next to him, reading for him, hearing his voice-

"Still sulking?"

I jumped, an embarrassingly loud squeak escaping my mouth. I looked up with wide which widened even more when I saw who stood at my doorway.

"My-my lord..." I almost rubbed my eyes to check if I was hallucinating from sleep deprivation. I shot to my feet and rushed over to him.

"My lord! How- what are you doing here?" I asked. He raised his hand to my face, brushing my cheek with his fingertips. I fought the urge to lean into his hand.

"Why else?" he replied to my question, "I came to see you. Or did you want me to visit your father instead?" At that, he turned away and walked a little around my chambers before settling on the seat I had just left. Once settled, he looked up at me expectantly. I hesitated a bit, but pulled out the other seat anyway and sat down in front of him with the desk between us.

Suddenly, with a roll of his eyes, he pushed the desk aside and grabbed a hold of my cushion seat, pulling me to his side. My cheeks barely had time to flush red before he addressed me again.

"Why didn't you come back?" he asked. I stared at him.

"Come back? My lord-you told me to leave", I replied. His brows furrowed, like what I said didn't make sense. I continued anyway.

"You told me to go... I thought you didn't want me anymore...", I said, my voice lowering to a mumble. That lump I had pushed down so long ago came back up, making it hard to speak. Gwi was silent for a short moment before he sighed.

"I didn't mean permanently. I wanted to give you time. You seemed to be in some kind of shock and it was irritating how you wouldn't even look at me." he explained. He... hadn't gotten tired of me? I didn't know whether to laugh or cry so I just settled for nodding to show that I had understood.

"I understand. Forgive me for misunderstanding, my lord." He waved off my apology.

"It doesn't matter. I understand that knowing I do it and seeing it are two different things, but I can't pamper you all the time. You know that, don't you?"

I smiled slightly and nodded. "Yes my lord."

"Good. I don't want you sulking like that again. It was so boring."

"I wasn't-", I huffed, deciding against defending myself because I was indeed sulking. His comment brought an easy smile to my face, however. The nonchalant way he treated the issue which had caused me so much grief, but even still came to find me-

Wait.

How did he find me?

I leaned closer to him. "But, my lord... how did you know this house?", I asked. He turned to me, his eyes twinkling with amusement. The sight stunned me briefly but I snapped out of it at the sound of his voice.

"Do you not remember?" he asked back. Confused, I shook my head. He then chuckled and tapped my forehead with a finger.

"You showed me yourself."

I gasped as a long forgotten memory instantly flooded her mind.

"Huh? Where am I? Mama? Appa!"

A scary looking woman appearing out of nowhere, almost grabbing me as I ran away.

"Look at me, little one."

"Won't you help me get home?"

"This is it! Thank you!"

A quilt tucked over me.

"Thank you for helping me, Mister"

"Mm."

I blinked a few times before focusing back to the present. When it was over, I turned back to him, my eyes wide with shock and disbelief.

"You... I remembered bits of it, like a fragment of a dream. But it was real?"

Gwi tilted his head and smiled lightly. "Mn. I almost killed you that night you know?" he commented. Funnily enough, I couldn't help but smile at that.

"But you didn't, my lord. What you did for me that night-" I paused and swallowed, looking down to fiddle with her fingers to make sure my voice wouldn't break. "That was the kindest thing anyone had done for me ever since my mother had passed", I continued, then raised my head to look at him.

"Thank you", I smiled softly.

He stared at me briefly before speaking. "Come over tomorrow", he finally said. I blinked.

"Hm? Oh-" I was cut off when he placed a hand on my cheek. Whatever he did worked almost instantly and I found myself going limp and slumping forward in his arms.

As I lost consciousness, I could only faintly focus on the feel of his arms around me.