Chapter 1

"I'm sorry."

"Sorry isn't going to cut it, you stupid girl! Now go get my children their food!"

"Yes, Mother."

I turned to leave, but froze when she yelled again.

"What have I told you about turning your back on me?!"

"I'm sorry, Mother", I apologized, turning back to her and walking out backwards. I could hear her grumble about how "stupid, ungrateful and useless" I was, even as I left. I sighed.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Han Eunhee. First born and 16 year old eldest- only daughter of Minister Han Doyun. Not as glamourous as it sounds, I'm afraid. All I was expected to do was dote on my stepmother and her twin sons, as well as sit pretty during ceremonies.

I knew my position in this "family" and after years of futile attempts to bring back the father who cared before my mother died, I had resigned myself to my fate.

I was probably going to get married off to some other noble family and if I was careful, I wouldn't end up like my poor beautiful mother, killed from pressure, neglect and heartbreak from the very man she'd sworn to love till she died.

"Agassi? Your father wants to see you", a servant said. I blinked at her, speechless.

 Father never wants to see me

Father never wants to see me. He always wants to see his sons. The servant looked a bit annoyed so I told her I was on my way. She rolled her eyes and left, turning her back on me. I clenched my jaw, then let out a breath. I got up and headed for my Father's study.

"Father? You sent for me?"

He looked up from his books, but the moment he saw me he looked back down and cleared his throat.

"You will be going somewhere at the end of this week. I expect you to be ready when I call. Understood?" he said. Caught off guard, I stammered out a reply.

"Good. You can go now. And Eunhee -" he said, making me stop and turn back to him. He sighed.

"Take care of yourself", he said. I blinked, frozen in place. He flipped through his books but I was stuck in place. Snapping out of it, I bowed and left.

He'd...never said that to me before.

Biting my lip, I swallowed the lump in my throat. I was so confused.

------------------------------------------------------------------

It was so clear now. I was going to get married.

How else would you explain new clothes, specially drawn baths and heavier and more nourishing meals? My stepmother was still a bitch, so was the rest of the household. But they still treated me like I was a human now, not a soulless doll.