Chapter 9

Hi.
Yeah let's just start shall we?
----------------------------------------

I walked into the familiar underground palace, almost immediately realizing that Gwi was not in his normal seat. Maybe he was in the library?

I walked to the place in question and searched among all the shelves but there was no sign of the tall figure I was used to. Puzzled, I made my way out, still looking over my shoulder. Which meant that I didn't notice the broad chest until I had bumped into it.

"Oh- my lord!", I felt heat creep up my neck.

"I'm sorry. I wasn't watching where I was going", I apologized. I averted my eyes from his amused ones, a smirk playing on his lips. That's when I noticed the rest of him.

All he was wearing were black trousers and a black silk outer robe which left his torso bare. I swallowed...then noticed that he had something in his grip.

"My lord, you fence?"

"Hm? Oh-", he followed my gaze and twirled the handle of the sword in his long elegant fingers, "-yes...It's a favourite pastime of mine. I mean I don't need it but...it's more entertaining than just pulling a trigger."

I nodded, still staring at the smooth gleaming metal

I nodded, still staring at the smooth gleaming metal. All of a sudden, the handle was being handed out to me. I blinked up at him.

"I- my lord?", I questioned.

"Try holding it."

I shook my head a bit, "It wouldn't be appropriate, my lord."

He stared at me blankly, still holding the weapon out stubbornly. I sighed internally and reached for it.

My hands clasped it gingerly, under the handle and the flat of the blade.It was heavier than I expected, but I could see how easy it might be to get used to it. It was exhilarating- having such a thing in my hands.

[A/N know these are katanas but I never said this story was going to be accurate did I?]***"Do you like it?", I heard

***
"Do you like it?", I heard. I looked up to meet Gwi's gaze.