Chapter 11

Why hello there. 😃
It's been a while.
I apologize. I've had the nastiest case of writer's block.
Anyway here's the chapter y'all were waiting for!🤗
I'll try my best to be more regular in updating for you guys.
Enjoy!
Stream BUTTER 🧈
Now onto our usual broadcast-

            ========================
Eunhee's POV

"What- what do you mean by that?" I asked.
Gwi smiled, tilting his head.

"Lovely girl...", he drawled, raising a hand to my face. He liked to do that a lot.

"Don't worry your pretty little head about that, alright? Besides-", his gaze followed the finger he trailed down my cheek, before he cupped my chin and met my eyes again, "-you'll find out soon enough."

He let go of me and began to walk off towards the pool. "We have plenty of time after all, don't we?"

My gaze followed his tall figure as he strolled to the place where he had first fed from me. It felt so long ago...

I was so distracted by my own thoughts that I didn't notice him taking off his robe. Inhaling sharply, I turned away. The sound of rippling water soon reached my ears and I averted my eyes until he spoke again.

"You can look at me you know?", he chuckled, "I'm not naked."

I hesitantly turned back to him. He had his cheek propped up with his hand, his elbow resting on the edge of the pool.

"You've seen me half-dressed before...why are you flustered now?"

"I'm sorry."

He chuckled, then lay back and closed his eyes. I'd seen him do this before. Over the months I'd been with Gwi I'd been learning more about him. One thing was this.

This was the third time I'd seen him do this. The first time was quite a number of weeks ago

~flashback ~

I came into the cave, closing the door behind me. I stood still for a while, waiting for the familiar voice calling my name. Nothing.

I frowned. I didn't find him in the throne room or the library... so I went to the bedroom. I stood in the doorway staring in confusion. He told me he didn't need sleep... right?

I suddenly began to panic. Squatting at the side of the bed I put my seuggae chima aside and shakily placed my hand on the bed right beside his face.

"My lord...?" I whispered. He didn't stir. I stretched out a trembling hand to brush a stray hair from his forehead, "My lord... please say something..."

I had never seen him so devoid of life, ironic considering that his heart never beats. The tips of my fingers lightly brushed his smooth pale cheek, grazing his jaw... then all of a sudden his eyes shot open.

I drew in a sharp breath at the sight, pulling my hand away. His eyes gleamed a vivid crimson before dimming to his usual dark -almost black- brown. I scrambled to my feet as he sat up and watched me.

"What are you doing?"

"I apologize my lord. I just- you were so still... and I had no way of telling whether you were alright or not so I- I got..." my rambling trailed off as I realized what I was saying. Gwi cocked a sharp brow.

"You got what?"

"I..." I licked my lips, "...worried. I got worried... my lord", I said, bowing my head.