Chapter 14

First update of 2022 LESSGOO!!!🎊🎊

As usual I apologize for abandoning y'all😅. It wasn't fully my intention. Part of it was due to my toxic laziness but I managed to get over it. As I make this update this I'm working on the next chapters. Hopefully I can meet the deadline I've set which is *drumroll* J-Hope's birthday! Not Valentine's Day cuz I'm single as fu-

ANYWAY enjoy the update! 🤗🤗

[I'm trying to put my A/Ns in the comments so that i don't disrupt the actual story.

Edit: I really suffered with the uploading today. My school Wi-Fi decided to play with me today. I started editing the chapters HOURS ago and I'm now uploading. Pray for me y'all😭]

------------------------------

Eunhee's POV

"Kyungsoon-ah."

"Yes, agassi?", my handmaid responded, looking up from her embriodery.

"Are there anymore books?"

Kyungsoon blinked at me, seemingly taken aback.

"I- no, agassi... I brought you the last batch last month. You must have read them all...?"

"Really? There aren't any more?", I asked.

"No, agassi. There weren't much books to begin with. Everything else in the lord's study are off limits."

  I sighed. I had finished the last book the previous week, and I was itching to read again. I could always take one from Gwi's library, but when I thought about it again, I realized that would seem presumptuous of me. Like a spoiled entitled brat who helped herself to whatever she wanted. Gwi was already very tolerant of me. I didn't want to test that.

Gwi is generous. He would let you in his library.

He even lets you sleep on his bed.

I shook my head and turned back to Kyungsoon.

"Soonie, do you know where you can get more books?"
"Ah..."

At this, Kyungsoon got fidgety all of a sudden, fiddling with the embriodery in her hands.

"I do... but the form of literature might not be as sophisticated as you are used to", she sheepishly explained. I chuckled.

"It doesn't matter, Soonie. I just need new material, despite how cliché or predictable the plot may be. Who knows? Maybe a few will surprise me."

                                     ***

  The next day, Kyungsoon and I headed to the marketplace to get the new books. When I told her I was coming along, she panicked.

"Agassi! You shouldn't bother yourself with such a menial task! Master gave me more than enough money for this errand- I can just buy the whole stock!"

I sighed then.

"Kyungsoon-ah. That wouldn't be fair to the others who want to buy the books. Also, I'm a bit sick of of staying inside."

"But agassi! You go out every few days-"

I cut her off with a sharp look and she promptly went quiet, turning her gaze down to her clasped hands. I sighed. 'I tend to sigh a lot around her', I thought fondly.

"Soonie, I just need to see something new. To do something. I've been on the same routine since my friend left. You don't want me to waste away, do you?" Kyungsoon shook her head at that.