Chapter 25

Hi everyone!

I'm so glad I'm finally able to upload again😭😭 these past weeks have been so stressful but it's finally over. Well, most of it at least.

I'm going to make this short since a lot of my explanation is already up on my message board. So let's just get straight into it shall we?🤗

-------------------------------------------------------------
Gwi's POV

Over the pages of my book, I watched Eunhee get more and more engrossed in the illustrated novel in her hands. A smile tugged at the corner of my lips.

"Mother did."

I felt my smile drop. Instead, anger filled the chasm in my chest.

How dare she? How dare that nobody of a woman lay her hands on my human? And all for what? Because she couldn't stomach the thought of her children actually liking their own sister? Sickening.

I let Eunhee have the next day to recover as I didn't want her straining herself to see me, ordering her to treat her wounds and rest. I didn't want to leave her alone while I was out this time.

I found the right chamber quite easily since I had been to the house three times already. I drifted silently into the bed chamber, crouching by her bedside. Wordlessly, I placed a finger on her forehead.

"Wake up", I ordered. 

Eunhee's stepmother woke up with a gasp. Before she could scream, I covered her mouth with a hand. She still struggled against me, annoyingly. I rolled my eyes. 

"If you want every member of this household to live, you'd better cooperate", I said. She seemed to realize I wasn't bluffing, and lay still. 

"Good. I'm going remove my hand now. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and believe that you're not completely stupid to do something like wake your husband up, hm?" I said, gesturing to the man deeply asleep next to her. 

"He wouldn't be very pleased to find out you angered his master more than you already have, would he?" Her wide eyes got even wider and she shook her head. 

"Excellent", I nodded then released her. Immediately, she brought her hands up, rubbing them to beg.

"Please spare me my lord. Please I beg you-"

I cut her off, "I didn't say you could speak. Do not tempt me to rip out your throat", I said, my eyes narrowing in irritation. 

"Now it's simple really. I'm going to ask you a question and you will answer honestly. Otherwise... well, I'll leave that to your imagination", I smirked. She nodded, her face scrunched up with her effort to hold back her tears. 

"What did you do to Eunhee yesterday?" I asked, causing her to freeze.

"Eu- Eunhee? How do you know Eunhee?" I glared at her.

"That is none of your business. Now I believe that your only words should be answers. I will not repeat myself for you. Answer my question. I want to hear whatever pathetic justification you have for your actions", I gritted out.

With each word I could feel my anger growing and she didn't seem to be completely unintelligent because she scrambled to her knees, prostrating to answer.

"Forgive me my lord! I- I merely gave her a few strokes of the cane. Forgive me for going overboard with the discipline." I scoffed. 

"Overboard? Discipline? Because she was simply playing with her siblings?" I sneered.

"When I ordered your imbecile husband to make sure that she was treated like a lady of her status it seems like you were kept in the dark. It couldn't possibly be that you ignored my command because of your own despicable vendetta, could it?"