Chapter 2

"What demons, Mama?"

"The worst kind, sweetie."

"How do they look? Scary?"

"Oh, no honey... they're the most beautiful creatures you'll ever meet. But that's the danger. Their beauty draws you in, then before you know it... RAH!-" she exclaimed, making me jump, "-they've already sunk their sharp beautiful fangs into your throat!", she finished, tickling me. I giggled.

She hummed out a laugh, but then put her hands down and lay back. I snuggled up to her.

"Mama?"

"Hmmm?"

I wanted to ask another question, but I looked at her tired face and changed my mind.

"Nothing. I love you, Mama."

"I love you too, sweetie", she mumbled, then went silent. Her arm around me dropped.

"Mama? Mama!"

------------------------------------------------------------------

I opened my eyes with a gasp. What- where was I? I looked around. I was in a cave of some sort, really huge with ivy and other forms of wild vegetation. It was lit, but the light just showed me that I was nowhere familiar.

"Well it's about time."

My head snapped to the direction of the voice. It was a man in black, the shadows cast by the overhead rock partially covering his face leaving his mouth and cheek lit. His coat was open, exposing his muscular naked torso. He smiled slowly, before speaking again.

 He smiled slowly, before speaking again

"You must have had quite the fright...sorry about that", he said, raising a thumb to his lip. His voice... it was deep and smooth, but it also had a dangerous aura beneath it.

He slowly got to his feet, taking his time as he came down from the elevated stone seat he was on. I began to hyperventilate, panicking.

The shadow on his face gradually left with every step he took and I found myself scrambling back till my back hit a wall. I pulled my knees up and buried my face in them, biting my lip to prevent myself from sobbing. I could hear him get closer and tensed up even more.

"Look at me."

I was trembling now, but for some reason found myself slowly raising my head...to face the most beautiful man I'd ever met. I gasped and put my head down again.

"Please don't hurt me!" I cried, a sob punctuating my plea. I heard a low hum.

"Hurt you? Hm... Here I was thinking we were just going to have a little chat", he said. The way he said it made me want to see his face again, but I was too scared to move. I heard him sigh, then he spoke again.