Chapter 3

I don't know why I stopped

  I don't know why I stopped. She was delicious. I licked my lips and sighed in satisfaction, revelling in the familiar rush that fresh blood gave me. I closed my eyes and let the initial feeling pass before I opened them again.

  Looking down, I saw that she was unconscious again. I sighed. Humans were such fragile creatures.

"It...hurts...".

I frowned. I wasn't one to care about my food's feelings. Scoffing, I picked her up and stepped out of the pool, then walked to the fireplace.

  After laying her close enough to dry, I grabbed a towel and dabbed water off her face and neck. I didn't want my new pet getting sick, did I?

  I contemplated changing her clothes, she was soaked.  I chuckled to myself. I rose and strolled to my seat, reclining in it.

  I turned to look at the unconscious girl in front of the fireplace. Quite sad really. Humans can be diabolical...even to their own flesh and blood. I sneered. And they call us the monsters.

  I snapped out of it when I heard her whimper. Remembering our little conversation, if you could even call it that, I frowned.

  "...I don't have anywhere to go..."
  She said that with so much hopelessness...I almost felt sorry for her.

  Almost.

------------------------------------------------------------------

  A loud gasp snapped me out of what I was doing. Putting the gun I was checking down, I turned to look at her. She was sitting up, wide-eyed and panting. She blinked a couple of times before looking around, then her gaze landed on me.

 The corner of my lips twitched.

  Her hand flew to her neck, where I had fed from her and she stared at me with a terrified look in her eyes. I chuckled. In a split second I was in front of her, my face inches away from hers. She gasped and tried to move away but I grabbed the hand in her lap.

 "I wouldn't do that, now", I said. She swallowed, but said nothing. She didn't know it, obviously, but I was using a little bit of compulsion on her. It was easier because she was still a bit weak from feeding.

I let go of her hand and sat up, raising a knee and placing my hands and chin on it. I closed my eyes and tilted my head. I could hear her racing heart.

 "Who are you?"

  My eyes snapped opened to meet her wide ones. She looked away, like she regretted asking.

   "I already told you. I'm a vampire", I answered, but from the look on her face that wasn't the answer she expected.

  "Why, what did you want me to say?", I asked back. She shook her head. I sighed. "What. Did you. Want me. To say?", I asked again. She looked up at me briefly before licking her lips and answering.

  "Your name...", she whispered. I blinked. For someone who had cried and lost consciousness twice since she got here, she had a lot of guts to ask me such a question. Interesting.

"Gwi. That's my name", I answered.

 "W-what am I to call you?"

  I shrugged, "Something respectful I guess. Something you'd call your master. Nothing like Sir or something...I don't want to be on the same level as your father and his friends. I'm much higher than that, even the king. Do you understand?"

She nodded and bit her lip. I thought she was done talking but I was quite wrong.

"Am-Am I staying here then?"

  I furrowed my brows at her. "Huh...", I rubbed my lips slightly, "Well I don't usually eat human food so unless you want to starve to death, it's best you don't. Your father's coming to take you home tomorrow."

  "Oh...right. Home...", she whispered. It sounded like she was trying to convince herself.

Well, that was none of my business

Well, that was none of my business. I noticed that there were shadows under her eyes and frowned. Were they always there...? She seemed too young to look this stressed.

   I blinked, looking away. What was I doing?I was being too interested in her. I sighed, my tongue darting out to lick my lips.

   "I'm sure you know you're not supposed to tell anyone what happened here, right?", I said, turning to her. She was already looking at me however, quickly looking away and nodding. I chuckled.

   "You can stare all you want, I don't really care", I told her, then pointed to the inner chamber, "You seem dry now. There's a bed in there if you're sleepy."

  She turned to the direction I was pointing and turned back, "But...where do you sleep...then?". I stared at her blankly before I realised she was being serious. I burst into laughter.

  "Sweetheart...I don't need sleep", I then leaned in closer and added, in a lower voice, "Or do you want company?". She shook her head furiously, a blush quickly creeping up her face. I smirked, then took a breath.

  Big mistake.

  Her scent instantly seemed to envelope me and I suddenly wanted to feed again. It was too intoxicating. I leaned back immediately, the smirk on my lips gone. I needed to leave before I completely drained her.

  I swiftly got to my feet, running a hand through my hair. I felt her gaze on me and turned to face her. I smiled at her.

"I'm leaving. Your father will come for you in a few hours...I'd make use of that bed if I were you", I said, then darted out of there and into the dead of the night.

  Her heart wasn't racing anymore.

------------------------------------------------------------------
So...I've updated. Heh. Sorry it took so long. I'll try and update faster next time. The ideas are flowing but the words are not. Took me a while. It also doesn't help that my laptop is busted. Anyways...

Bye!