9~~~Walburga Returns

"Oh Ophelia."
9~~~Walburga Returns

•☽☀︎︎☾•

OPHELIA SKIPPED DOWN the cobbled stone pathway, her family close behind her ('her family' including Sirius).

"Hurry up!" Ophelia yelled over her shoulder as she made her way into Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlor.

"Slow down, darling!" Euphemia yelled back as she huffed and clamored along behind her daughter, not trusting her to be alone in the dark times they were facing.

Ophelia grinned, ignoring her mother, as she ran full speed at her best friend.

"Ally!" Ophelia screamed as she squeezed her in a hug.

"Lia!" Yelled Alice with equal enthusiasm.

"I remember you saying your dad and uncle owned this place, but you never said you worked here!?" Ophelia said gesturing to Alice's work attire.

Alice shrugged in response. "Side job, dad and Uncle Albert needed some help. Pays well actually, even though I told them I'd do it for free they still pay me a galleon for each shift."

"Alice Fortescue. I'm your best friend! Your supposed to tell me everything, I even know about the snog with—" Ophelia yelled until Alice swiftly clamped a hand over her mouth.

"Merlins left toe, say it louder, why don't you Ophelia?" Alice said dripping sarcasm Ophelia didn't pick up on.

"Ok, can you remove your hand from my mouth though so I can do that?" Ophelia mumbled with Alice's hand still firmly on her mouth.

"Shut up. You know I'm being sarcastic."

"No, I don't."

"Drop it Lia. Look, there's your family, oh, and Marlene and Lily! Wait—why's Sirius with your fam—" Alice started but Ophelia stopped her.

"LILLLLLLYY! MARLEEEEENE! Over here!" Ophelia screamed out the Ice Cream Parlors open window.

She saw Lily and Marlene look over from where they stood, admiring a kitten in the Pet Shop window across the street from the Ice Cream Parlor.

Ophelia beckoned them over and they reluctantly hurried over. They walked into the shop behind Euphemia, James, Fleamont, and Sirius.

"You've got to slow down child." Euphemia said with an eye roll.

"Sorry." Ophelia replied smiling.

"Mummm!" James whined. "I want ice cream!!"

"Me too!!" Sirius whined back.

"Boys, not until you've had your lunch." Euphemia lectured.

"Mummmmmm. . ." James whined louder, crossing his arms.

"No fair!" Sirius pouted.

Euphemia ignored them as she turned back to Ophelia.

"Anyways, Mum. Can I please go off with my friends?" Ophelia said, getting ready to go down on her knees and beg.

"Sure. I'll let you go off on your own as long as you are sure stay with your friends and meet back here at 3 o'clock sharp." Euphemia replied with a shrug.

"Seriously?! Thank you Mum!" Ophelia said hugging her.

"Of course—wait—where's the boys? Fleamont? Sirius? James?" Euphemia said looking behind her and not seeing them.