10~~~New Years Pt. 1

"Oh Ophelia"
10~~~New Year

•☽☀︎︎☾•

THE NEXT FEW DAYS passed and Christmas soon arrived.

Ophelia had owled off her friends gifts and had received some from them as well. She had given the owl Regulus' present also, hoping it would find him.

Her Christmas was filled with laughter, joy, and treacle tart.

New Years Eve arrived quickly and Ophelia couldn't be more excited. Her old friends Apolline, and Christian were coming to her family's party. Along with Lily, Marlene, and Alice. James was of course having the other two Marauders along with Frank Longbottom over.

Ophelia curled her hair with a simple spell, making it fall into brown ringlets that framed her face. She put a white head band in her hair and stood up smoothing out her outfit. She had decided on wearing a sage green jumper with navy jeans and black boots.

Ophelia put on some of her many rings from her collection, with some earrings that had little cherries dangling on them.

She slipped her wand up her sleeve as a precaution if anything bad were to happen.

She was broke out of her peaceful mindset when her door was banged open and James and Sirius came in with glittery figurines in hand.

"What are you two doing?" Ophelia said with her hands on her hips.

"Playing stag and dog." James said as he knelt down and made his stag gallop on the floor.

"What are you 5?" Ophelia said rolling her eyes.

"No, 16." Sirius said smiling as he rammed his dog figure into James stag one.

"Can't you both take this outside please?" Ophelia sighed as she watched them tear apart her room as they had a very intense fight with the toys.

"No, it's snowy and cold out there." James said.

"But-"

"James and Sirius! Didn't I ask you both to clean up your bedroom!! We're having guests over!" Euphemia yelled cutting Ophelia off.

James and Sirius groaned as they dropped their figurines and retreated to the door.

"It's not like we're hosting the party in our bedroom. . ." James muttered as they walked out.

•☽☀︎︎☾•

OPHELIA FINISHED GETTING READY soon after James and Sirius had left and she was now downstairs helping her mom set up one of the spare rooms in their house to look like a ball room.

Euphemia had cast a very advanced spell to enlarge the room twice its actual size and she was now having Ophelia set up a dozen of round tables scattered around the room.

"Mum!!" Ophelia whined. "You can do all this easily with your wand!"

"You'll be 17 in March, Ophelia. You can last two months. Now, when I was your age . . ." Euphemia said, as she started her long 'when I was your age' speech to Ophelia.