2 | Reserved rudeness

Woah! Who took a piss in Apollo's drink please?

The sun was damn hot like red-hots, sinking its teeth into my skin.

I could feel perspiration run marathons on my skin. It trickled down my scalp, feeling like a bowl of tick had been dumped on my hair.

I fought the urge to scratch and of course, I was so stupid to leave my picking comb in my car.

This is going to be one hell of an afternoon.

"Let's try one more time Brian," Wande grinned, pulling at Brian's tank top.

Honestly, she never got tired of playing, so far as, boys were involved.

Speaking of boys, one had been drilling holes down my back a while back, now he was no where in sight. I didn't get to see his face in full. I was only graced with a glimpse of his side view, and thankfully it didn't look like the face of a creep. Or maybe it was, but who knew.

I shook my head.

It was no big deal, getting the stares and the catcalls.

Not to be narcissistic I was a decent looking girl.

No, scrap decency.

I get a lot of heads turning whenever I walked into a room. And when I smile, it's game over.

The dimples did all the charming.

And then there's summer. Where attention zoned in on the pretty ones like bee would honey.

It was summer time. The fun filled weeks that opened the gates to messy hot flings and till-mama-calls parties, that one never got tired of.

But not to this girl. I could barely keep up with the pace teenage boys take when it comes to jumping in and out of relationships or whatever ship they found suiting. Though I was the hard and fun loving type of girl, I preferred a little slow paced thingy that bloomed into a romantic tale. One that, even if it were to be a summer fling, I'd hold close the memories I'd made.

Christ! Boys these days didn't even have it in them to indulge in something that simple, yet beautiful.

They couldn't even whip up a worthy breakup speech.

"Didi!" My bestfriend, Azra called out. Her always bored and wide eyes, staring at me like she'd rather be somewhere else than a beach, playing with boys. "Brian said he's on again. You in?"