19 | Peace offering

There were a lot of things I loved at the moment, however, getting on Soma's nerves was top on my list

There were a lot of things I loved at the moment, however, getting on Soma's nerves was top on my list. The boy was so predictable I was beginning to believe I was clairvoyant.

I knew the right buttons to push, the accurate response he would haul into my dm and just about every little mood he was in. Really, it almost felt like I had some sort of superpower, one that gave me an all in exclusive, on Somadina.

Grinning, I pressed send on my phone just as I faced a customer who waited for her receipts after making a purchase.

"Here you go." Smiling, I handed the young lady a customized Lovely's bag containing her purchase and her receipt. "Thank you for shopping at Lovely's, do stop by again!"

With a nod and a pleased smile she left the shop, leaving me to get back to my cellphone, just in time a message dropped in.

Grumpy
Fuck off

This time, his response had me letting out a merry laugh, before toning it down as about half of Mum's attendants cast wary glances at me. Straightening up, I cleared my throat before going back to my message box.

Me
Okay, I have one more;
What do you call a deer
with no eye? No-eye-deer!

I snickered to myself immediately I pressed send, his usual response would be another non-creative response that wouldn't be any better than fuckoff or he would block me, which would prompt me to chat him up with my other line, then throw in a few threats, here or there.

And right on cue, my message box indicated that I was unable to send Soma any message. I bursted out in fit of laughter. Talk about classic Soma move.

Someone cleared their throat, just as I was about to put phase two into action.

"Sorry..." I began, when I realized I was keeping a customer waiting.

However, when I looked up, I saw the least person I expected to be at a luxury hair shop.

"Falcon?" I rushed, standing up and totally acting like I'd been caught doing something bad. "Wow! Hi."

He still had that regal look enveloping him. His wise eyes, looking at me with amusement lurking behind.

"Hi," he grinned, shoving his hands into the pockets of his dark jeans. "Am I interrupting?"

I dropped the cellphone in my hand like it was lava, before offering him an apologetic smile. "Sorry, I didn't know you were here."

The beautiful smile still graced his face. "I'm not sorry you're here," he teased, making me smile. "I didn't know you worked here."

Suddenly, I didn't know if I should sit or stand. He just had this air of authority around him that wasn't in anyway suffocating, but welcoming. It was there in the way his kind eyes appraised you, his dominating height that easily towered over me and his nice set of dentals that showed whenever he smiled. Falcon was like a warm and welcoming force that drew you in, like some sort of vortex.