4 | Numbers never lie

Karen's kitchen was one hell of a vast space

I mused, making my way out of it, while clutching the red solo cup in my hand like it was my lifeline.

Unlike every other corner of the house, the larger-than-normal kitchen was deserted, which was a little bonus on my side, as I had opted to go get myself a drink when Brian had decided to get his ass whooped in a beer pong game which I was currently heading, as I'd completely annihilated my opponents.

The sailing breeze carried Buga by Kiss Daniel and Tekno faintly into the kitchen, mixing with it, varying body scents, laced with the pugnant smell of alcohol.

I inhaled them all in instead of scrunching my nose up in disgust.

This was real life, being able to spend quality time, be it in form of a wild themeless party or a simple beach gathering. It was ours to hold dear.

High school was over, summer was our only real link to bond and make more memories.

And like some would say, soon we would grow from calling and texting, to merely texting and then, we'd just link up once in a while or maybe, we'd drift apart that we'd become strangers for life.

Parting is one sweet sorrow, that should be numbed with a good dosage of fun.

The tears shedded on graduation day would be nothing, compared to what we'd shed on the last day birthing a new academic year.

"Hey cup bitch!" Karen yelled, getting into my line of vision.

Her tanned skin glistened under the spray of florescent, hanging over the kitchen and reflecting on the white screeded kitchen walls.

I scowled playfully, shooting a glare at her.

I'd say I lived for my ludicrous nicknames back in highschool. They were a little too numerous as to honor the social butterfly in me, but two had stood out and had stuck like glue ever since.

First, I'd been crowned the pong queen after I whooped Kamauche St. Laurent's ass in beer pong, first week of SS2 and it kinda stuck, especially right after Kam had made to school with a paper crown with 'Pong Queen' boldly calligraphed on it with a glitter pen -- he'd confessed, Azra had dared him to make it.

Trust me, I'd worn it like a real crown, especially to parties till it tore to shreds.

The second was a little bit annoying, since Brian had dared me to wear a party tag, painfully glittering with 'cup bitch' embroidered on it.

He'd found it among the belongings his older sister had sent back to Nigeria after studying overseas for a good four years. And so, I'd worn it to Giwa's party, where I was stuck with entertaining everyone by sharing red Solo cups for the rest of the night.