9 | Milestones

There were moments worth everything to a person

It could either be sad or happy moments. However, these moments differ too.

At the moment, to Wande, it was a milestone. But to me, it was one of those numerous days when I was still cloaked in anxiety and uncertainty.

However, I tucked everything at a side and focused on what was really important.

Wande.

My girlfriend had finally made it. We were at Wande's record studio, a little and cozy, two room building, that had the best downtime snacks. The drinks weren't much to my liking though.

The cream and gold decor was what I loved most about the studio. There were blown out posters of some afro pop and R&B singers at a corner. At another had posters of rappers and hip-hop icons. All these were arranged in an aesthetic display that made you want to stare all day.

Today was the day Wande had been busy planning for, since the past week. A 'pre-listening party' she'd called it.

After months of being on the hunt for potential artiste-material and going through hell in the form of listening to various shades and forms of horrible mixtapes, she finally found the One.

Wande had requested our presence as her friends and filter-less critiques.

Behind the translucent recording booth was the man of the hour. A lean, tall and broad-shouldered boy, who probably was in his early twenties.

He'd asked to be called Falcon instead of his given name.

I watched him flip through the papers in his hand, while his eyes were keen on them, scanning and taking them in with utter seriousness.

"I'd say this one would be different." Karen whispered, giving me a nudge.

I nodded, going further to lean down on the sofa I was sharing with her. "He will be. He looks reasonable and serious."

I could feel Karen's gaze on me. I turned.

"What?"

"Is that the only thing you gathered about his looks."

Confused, I spared the boy another glance.

His brown skin was shining under the spray of LED bulbs in the recording booth, his fade cut looked neat and intentionally left at a certain length. The signet and knuckle rings on his fingers, gave him this regal look or more like, a sophisticated charm.