12 | We're not friends

There should be limits to a person's acting out

But of course, some humans didn't acknowledge it.

They combusted and cooled over, whenever pleased them and this, people, was why I hated socializing.

Having conversations was one stressful thing when it came to socializing, but a brawl? The unruly act of throwing caution to the wind and doing something drastic. Throwing around their uncultured acts like they were freebies?

Count me the fuck out.

But I couldn't get off this one. Since it involved my supposed, so called friends and the girls I'd met earlier, with a few new faces.

Some guy had Lade's collar in a breath-restricting, death grip. Seeing Lade's unbothered face, I was least worried about the grip.

But the look on the unnamed dude's face?

Hard and stonecold as he glared fire and brimstone on an unbothered Lade. His eyes, holding promises of future and painful collisions.

"Well," Didi let out beside me. I didn't know she'd followed me. "Here we go again."

I shot a brow up as I turned to face her.  "You know these people?"

She nodded. "Of course. If I didn't, would I have risked coming close? I'm not that jobless, you know."

Snorting, I turned to face the sight before us. "Wouldn't be surprised there. You tend to stick your nose into other people's business quite a lot."

Her gasp was all I could hear, but I could feel her scorching gaze beside me.  "Stick my nose into other people's business?"

"There's no point repeating my statement. I'm not hard of hearing." I turned to face her. "Didn't think my words would be that hard to understand though."

I could see it and feel it at the same time, with the way she glared fire and brimstone at me, while she struggled to hold back her words. She was crazy provoked. And it was all because of me.

I smiled. That would teach her to stay off my business.

However, her next action wiped the smile off my lips.

Her lips stretched into a sadistic smile that appeared too saccharine to be genuine.

"You called it grumpy," she let the words out calmly, like she was speaking to a child. "It's game on."

My eyes narrowed at it's own volition but before I could speak, she skipped away to where her so-called friends stood.

I could see Karen --as Khalid had described, the girl on the hot heels-- and sweatpant girl, the crazy one who'd asked if I was single.