28 | Next step

The cosy and small space was still same as the last time I saw it when I stepped into Wande's studio

Unlike last time when we'd all waited with bated breaths for Noble to impress us, a soothing instrumental brushed the air, and not helping myself, I bobbed my head to the beat.

The room Wande used as a waiting room slash office was empty except for the chairs arranged at one corner and a sort of office space arranged at another corner, scrunched papers and wraps from Wande's favourite small chop spot littered the desk causing my lips to twitch. Leave it to Wande to always leave her mark.

Just then, a familiar spicy perfume wafted through the air, I inhaled, wondering where I'd perceived the scent when I spotted Wande busy fiddling with her phone.

"Hey!" She frowned when she saw me, which wasn't unusual seeing that it was Wande.

Walking towards me, she shoved her phone into the large pockets of her sweats. "Let me guess, you didn't come to check up on your girlfriend, but rather you came here for Man."

I faked a shocked gasp. "OMG Wande! What are you? A mind fairy?"

My girlfriend rolled her eyes and when she reached where I stood, she smacked my arm. "Idiot. You have the guts to admit to it."

I pouted, rubbing the spot she just smacked. I wasn't retaliating because she was kind of right. After the pre-listening party we had, I haven't set foot at her studio again. Which was pretty much wrong of me as a friend who cared. But in my defense, I was pretty much caught up in my own issues. But I wasn't going to let her know.

That was why I wrapped my arms around her bigger frame. "You're such a bully Wande," I pouted further as she glared at me. "How are you sure I'm not here to see you. Hmm?"

She scrunched her face in disbelief, totally calling my bluff. "Falcon hasn't shut up about your promise to him. Knowing you, you'd be blowing my phone up if you were visiting."

True. But being me, I batted my eyelashes at her. "Don't be too sure. I was planning on killing two birds with one stone. A surprise visit to my favourite girlfriend and her artiste."

"Shut up!" Another smack landed on my back this time, causing me to yell.

Glaring at her, I stepped back, rubbing the spot she'd just assaulted. Wande was so violent. "I take back my surprise visit. I'm only here for Noble."

"Y'all now on real name basis?" Wande smirked, going to sit on her desk where she crossed her hands observing me. "Cute."

I rolled my eyes, making myself comfortable on a seat. "How's everything coming up with him?"

"You can ask him when you see him for your long awaited date." She mocked, shoving off the mess on her desk.

Frowning, I leaned back on the chair I was sitting on. "What's with everyone assuming I'm on a date?"