21 | Drunk Jenga

I let out a relieved breath

Never have I been so glad to hear the sound of someone knocking on a door.

"I'll get it!" Kam declared, jogging to the door.

"Pleaseee!" Another of Didi's friend, Wande, the one who'd asked me if I was single at the exhibition, let out in exhaustion. "It better be the delivery guy. I'm hungryyy!!"

It took willpower not to nod in concurrence. I was starving. So bad I wouldn't mind eating a cow.

Since my plan to get rid of Didi, landed me into a bigger mess of getting stuck with her friends, I had joined in an impromptu clean up. My muscles were aching from a lot of heavy lifting and my skin was clammy with perspiration. And for the hundredth time that day, I was glad I wore a tank top. A black one at that.

What sounded like a distressed moan filled the space. "If you're hungry, I'm starving. I don't know if anything can sate me at the moment." Didi whined, resting her head on Azra's shoulder.

The slender girl rolled her eyes before patting Didi's head. I guess she was used to her theatrics. "You didn't even do much Didi."

"What?!" Then a dramatic gasp. "I didn't do much? I basically swept and mopped the whole house!"

Azra clicked her tongue. "Yeah. Soma and Kam rolled around the floors then."

"I don't like you Az." Scowling, Didi pushed off Azra, resting her head on Brian's laps instead.

The act was hilarious, I almost laughed. Just that I didn't have the strength to.

An unfamiliar laughter flooded through the almost empty sitting room, echoing around the space. It caught everyone's attention, including Khalid who looked like he was having a serious discussion with Karen. Knowing him, he would be talking shit.

"There," Everyone heard Kam's teasing voice as it bounced around the space. "I made the princess laugh."

"Ewww Kamauche! Stop flirting with the poor girl!" Wande shouted, causing us to break into fit of laughter.

"She said no!" Didi called out. "She doesn't want to do."

This time, the poor boy groaned. And few seconds later, he came back with his hands filled with takeaway bags and pizza boxes. A knowing grin on his face.

"Must you guys embarrass yourselves at every opportunity?"

Wande got up, taking the bags from him. "Why would you be flirting while people are starving?" She scoured through the bag. "Where's the small chops?"

"Somewhere inside one of the bags." He searched with her. "I wasn't flirting. I was just trying to cheer her up. I guess she was having a bad day."

Azra and Didi exchanged knowing looks, before bursting out in guffaws.