25 | Muse (Not)

Some people sort their canvas and paint brushes, to de-stress.

Your boy avoided his because, the damn materials were causing me great stress.

My eyes squinted at the floor. I groaned as shame took over my body at what it saw. Folded pieces of paper. Lots of them. Littered on the floor. All with parts of her face.

It happened that I've developed a nasty habit. Which was drawing random things I observed about Didi. Apparently, today, I'd spent my time capturing Didi's expression. The same one she wore when she was looking for her brother.

Folks, I had even found a title for it when I was done. I had planned to call it controlled chaos! Fucking creative I was.

I sighed, groaning into my pillow as I looked at the muted TV screen playing before me. I didn't know what was happening to me. Okay, let's be real, I did know. I just didn't want to fucking acknowledge it.

My art teacher back in high school had gone around one day in creative drawing class. About finding a muse and getting inspired and yada yada... My point? There was no way Didi was my muse. It should have been anyone. Literally anyone. Including Mrs Mary. Not some girl who annoys the hell out of me.

Recently though, she hasn't been annoying. I haven't gotten any of her annoying ass calls or texts or ran into her when I went to the mall yesterday. For once in a long time, I had my peace. In as much as I was loving my new found peace, I couldn't help but think about Didi.

And no, get your mind out of the gutter! I meant, that I thought of what she had said about losing her brother. Everything was different about her that moment. I saw a side I didn't know she had. Right from the moment we thought Naenae was missing.

It was like a switch had gone off. And I saw her in a new light. She wasn't such a pestilent anymore. She was human. Who could feel any other emotion other than misplaced cheerfulness. And figuring another side to her, had me picking a pencil. I'd spent minutes, if not hours, drawing her... Trying to mirror her feelings in the picture. Tearing and tearing away imperfections until I was satisfied with my result.

Like I'd said, I wasn't a creep. I just couldn't help myself. And now, I sounded like a creep. Fuck!

Glaring at the pieces of paper on the floor, I felt an annoying twitch at the untidiness it brought to my room. I stood up and got to picking them up. My mind was still on Didi.

Hope the radio silence wasn't because of what she divulged the day before yesterday. If she thought that I'd go around and speak of it or ask her... Okay, I didn't care. I affirmed, tidying up my room. I didn't care that she hasn't bombarded me with her numerous useless messages. I didn't care that she hasn't called and threatened me to hang out with her. Nope, I didn't care that I haven't heard from her for over twenty four hours.