22 | Overdramatic

I watched Azra pick up a red ball from the rack of balls, sagging at its weight

"Urggh!" She groaned, grabbing the ball with both hands. "This is why I hate bowling."

I rolled my eyes, dangling my warm cellphone in my hand. "That's punishment for all the PE sessions you skipped back in school."

Lips formed into an annoyed pout, Az went back to the rack and picked a pink ball. By the way she carried it with more ease, compared to the red one, I assumed it was lighter.

"Shut up," rolling her eyes, she took in the narrow lane before her, the previously annoyed look on her face replaced by a determined one.

Azra took three steps forward, before launching the ball. We both watched the ball streak down the lane, spinning with what seemed like a calculated speed before it reached the end, knocking down all ten pins perfectly.

Turning to me, Az raised a brow, a proud smirk sitting on her lips. "Now, that's what sitting in, on all PE sessions can't get you."

I scoffed, having no retort for her and after having learned the hard way that engaging in a brawl of wits with Az gets you nowhere. And also, with the rate my ass was being whooped, I stole a shameful look at the monitor, glaring at the ninety to fourty-seven score it displayed. No need to be specific, you know who scored what.

I wasn't even bothered by the score, and neither did I care about bowling at the moment. I finally got Az to go bowling with me and let me tell you, in this present age, it was a miracle to get Azra Hamza out of her house, away from her books, to go bowling. And as if the day couldn't get any better, I was on a texting streak with Falcon, or Noble. Whatever he wants to be addressed as.

My cellphone dinged to indicate a new notification. I didn't even have to check, I already knew who it was.

And as I brought the phone to my face, Noble's name stared back and completely lit up my face.

There were certain perks of having the attention of a good looking boy. No matter how vain it might be. No matter how many mantras we girls chant about owning our selves, being enough and all that, a boy's attention was enough to make your day.

Clicking on the notification, again, I wasn't surprised to see that he'd sent a sticker, a very funny one in response to the message I sent him. Still contemplating on a sticker to send back, he dropped a voice note, the first of many.

I spared Az a glance, she was on again, this time I think she was playing for me. Shaking my head with a smile on my face at the determined look on her face. I leaned off the wall I was on.

"I'm going to get drinks. Want any?" I asked the maniac.

She nodded, letting another neon orange ball rolling down the lane. "Yeah, Smirnoff. Cold, as in, dead cold."

"Okay..." I hummed, hurrying away to the bar. I needed privacy to listen to whatever Noble had to say.

Since he'd gotten my number, he'd never called. But invested his time in texting me non-stop. I wasn't complaining though. Something told me that his voice was going to sound so nice over my phone speaker.