15 | Lounge Peak

At some point, it seemed Didi became my sun.

I mean she was fucking everywhere. Every breath I took, there she was. A blink and she's appeared causing havoc. It was like my life orbited around her and the funny thing was that, whether I liked it or not, I was going to get tangled in whatever mess she created.

I let out another sigh as I sat in my car, trying my hardest to ignore Karen's pleading face.

"Just make sure she's okay Soma." Karen went on. "I don't think she's in the right state of mind to be on her own please."

I huffed. "What is she? An infant?"

Karen's shoulders sagged and immediately I felt bad for putting her through the stress she was going through. Looking at her made me proud of sticking to my choice of having no friends. Friendship... Relationship... They were a boatcrab of emotional abuse and baggage. None of them made sense. Instead, they bring burden and troubles wherever they went.

"She's just never acted like that before." The exhausted girl continued. "She's usually levelheaded and calm. I just don't know what happened."

I fought the urge to snort. Didi levelheaded? As in, the annoying girl who glories in getting on my nerves calm? There has to be a mistake somewhere. These days, a lot of movies have been going on about the multiverse and whatnot. The Didi she was talking about must be from an alternate universe.

However, I didn't want to burden Karen further. I conceded. Not because of Didi or the asshole Lade, who too doesn't know how to let trouble be. But because I felt bad for the poor girl. She was some sort of an emotional punching bag a while ago and watching that was exhausting. Imagine being her.

"Fine. I'll do it." I said begrudgingly. "But if I don't find her, I'll make my way home." I knew I was bluffing.

Karen let out a relieved sigh. "Yeah, thank you so much Soma." She glanced at Lade who was a sulking mess, leaning against her little orange sports car. "I'll find a way to get him home."

Shrugging, I nodded. "He's all yours." If it were me. I'd leave him stranded, but oh well...

"Thank you." Karen repeated before I shut close my car door, getting ready to hit the road all the while, asking myself why I let myself get dragged into Lade's mess for the second time.

Earlier this morning, I'd gone to the Beechworth local gym with Lade, who had thought that the private gym in his house was too boring for him. And after taking an Uber to my house to persuade me and claim being stranded in front of Mum. I had been pushed, more like, bullied emotionally into taking him. Fast forward after taking several videos from several angles for his stupid tiktok, he decided that he wants to grab a few bites.

Here we are, with no bites taken while I'm on some rescue mission to retrieve a girl.

Driving off the Mall's parking lot and into the mildly busy Beechworth street, with the summer sun making it hard for me to properly gaze around, I increased the air con in the car, settling to cool myself or more, my brain before searching for the annoying girl.