26 | Willingly

I winced as I tried hard not to smile wider at the annoyed boy before me. The new braids securing my hair seemed to have developed claws as it made moving my facial muscles a hard feat. Nonetheless, I gloried in the sight before me.

Soma's peeved frown and hard glare somehow made the pain I was feeling worth it. I watched in total amusement as his glare deepened, his eyes shutting close in disbelief, like he was questioning his actions and why he was in my presence and entertaining me. I mean, even I would question his actions too.

The boy had taken me unawares when he'd received my call a few hours ago. And had gone ahead to agree to my request without me trying to pull out my newly plaited braids. I mean, shocker! I did not see that coming. Somadina grumpy Ibiam had willingly received my call and had willingly followed me to this hot as fuck beach, to do my biddings. The world was definitely coming to an end. Or he was coming up with an illness. Was he?

Sitting up inside the Cabana we had luckily found when we arrived at the beach. And let me tell you, that was miracle number three in a day. Getting grumpy to pick my call and willingly follow me out was miracle number one and two. Getting an empty Cabana at the beach by this time of the day was a miracle on a whole new level.

Usually, the Cabana; a little beach shelter put together with dried coconut leaves and soft wood as a roof, to shield you from the sun. Wood worked lounge chairs and little trusty throw pillows was some sort of a price to tourists and natives at Beechworth whenever they visited the beach. It provided comfort and relaxation to a reasonable extent and guess what? There were just few of them, beside the occasional lounge chairs, I wasn't about to let go of it just to take pictures.

And that was why Soma was throwing glares my way.

Smiling, I sat up, watching his toned arms serve as a headrest while his free hand shielded his face from the harsh sun creeping into the shade from the angle he sat on.

I took my time, ignoring the boy's glares to admire him. Somadina was a pretty boy and he owned his looks with the cool outfits he always wore and the bodyspray that he has somehow managed to personalize. I liked the black and white patterned Beach shorts he had on and the grey tank top that paired well with his shorts. Exposing evenly toned arms and the damn attractive veins running down. And I highly doubted if he knew the sort of effect his looks had on people around him. Or maybe he knew and didn't give a fuck.

That was classic Soma anyway. He didn't have time for nobody.

His eyes lazily took in his surrounding, ignoring the teenage girls throwing him interesting looks. Infact, he looked like he would rather be anywhere but this place and he could have fooled me. Knowing that he willingly followed me here.