11 | Varieties & Extremities

"You're making the face Didi," Brian's voice drew me out of my little bubble of glee, as his arm rested comfortably on my shoulder

I turned to look at him, my face scrunching in confusion. "The face? I don't make a face Brian."

My crazy rich friend smirked, steering my attention to another part of the large gallery. "I said you're making the face and not a face."

I rolled my eyes. "The face... A face... I do not make any face."

He clicked his tongue, arm still resting on my shoulder, except this time, it wasn't comfortable. It was growing heavier by the second.

What in the world does this boy eat?

"Whatever," he waved off my words. "You're making the face. The same face you have on when you want to spontaneously do stuffs."

This time, I whirled around to glare at him, the action throwing his arm off me.

"I do not do things spontaneously!"

Okay, I lied. I'd agree that I was a little spontaneous at times.

But hey, variety is the spice of life. Life shouldn't be well planned and perfectly carried out. There should be variables every now and then.

However, I wasn't going to let Brian have the upper hand. Most times, he was the male version of Az. Blunt, protective and mostly right.

"Okay, let's see." Brian's arm came again to rest on my fragile shoulder. "That one time in SS3 first term. We were beach-partying it up and you'd gotten the look, in seconds, you were skinny dipping your way to the heart of the sea."

I glared at his smug grin. "I didn't skinny dip, you fowl! I had necessary cover ups okay! Get your facts straight."

He shrugged non-committal. "Alright, you didn't exactly go bare. But still, you stripped off your clothes and made a mad dash for the cold water." I glared, as his lips stretched in mirthful smugness. "You'll have to agree that there was a dipping involved."

I rolled my eyes. "That isn't spontaneous. People skinny dip or whatever, all the time."

He wasn't convinced one bit. "Yeah they do. But not in unreasonable and abnormal circumstances, like a cold, harmattan plagued night."

Oh well...

He was smiling now when he saw I had nothing else to say. That night... Well, was one I thought was the highlight of my entire highschool life.

I'd caught the attention of a university student and then, that was as cool as you could get in SS3. It was like a total upgrade from the whinny and immature high school boys, or so I thought.

"Should I go on?" He probed, patting my hair in mock condensation. "You know, the list is quite long."

"Fuck off." I elbowed his sides, causing him to quickly retract himself from my side.