29 | Sticky Situation

Breath held, I waited impatiently

Breath held, I waited impatiently. Anticipation etched on my face as I basically glared at my phone screen.

My eyes stared at the message I had sent minutes ago, which somehow felt like a century had passed.

Me
Yes?

Why is she not replying? I pondered, silently willing a text to manifest on my cellphone. Was she pulling my legs this time? I didn't know. The green bar glowing beside her contact name showed that she was very much online.

Maybe, she was wrapped up in whoever she was on a date with. Or she's intentionally ignoring me. Because of her date.

The mere thought of the word date had my stomach twisting unpleasantly. On my tongue, the word tasted sour, spurring an eye roll from me.

Letting out an annoyed huff, I let my phone slide through my finger and watched it land with a soft thud on my bed, before going further to pick it up with the speed of a lightening when I heard the familiar sound of a notification popping in.

For no reason at all, my heart beat fast and loud as I pressed the power button. While I tried so hard not to let my imagination entertain itself with whatever it was conjuring that she'd sent.

However, my already annoyed mood dampened as I saw unfortunately, that the notification was none other than some Airtel Network notification.

"Fucking idiots!" I grumbled, dropping my cellphone beside me as I laid face down on my pillow.

I was slowly losing my mind over...I didn't even know what to call whatever the hell was wrong with me at the moment.

"...dude?" Lade's voice dragged my attention to him.

His boulder of a body was almost blocking sunlight from filtering into my room. A loose black sweat pants and a large tank top covered his body.

"What?" I snapped, his presence not for once, easing my shitty mood.

He rolled his eyes at my tone. "I'm heading to the gym, wanna come along?"

I blinked at him in disbelief. "Aren't you like, trying to make sure no one finds you for the main time?"

He sighed, sitting himself down on a stool. "Yeah, I am. No offense though, your workout stuffs aren't doing it for me and I need to create content."

"Hmmn," I hummed, surprising myself by even caring about him and his boatload of issues at the moment. "What about the influencer house? Have they reached out yet?"

Another defeated sigh left him, leaving his shoulders sagging. "Unfortunately, not yet. Look, I'm sorry I'm overstaying my welcome..."

I rolled my eyes, sitting up. "Dude, nobody cares about you staying here." I affirmed. Lade was a lot of things, that doesn't mean I was going to kick him out, from a house that wasn't even mine. "This is just the second day, trust, I'm not at my wits end with you yet."