17 | Adult-napper

I was looking forward to this Friday

I was looking forward to this Friday. And no, it wasn't to spend it with Didi after she'd basically gone homicidal on me yesterday. I wanted to spend my Friday with Mum since she decided to take the day off.

The exhibition had taken a lot from her. Albeit, it was a huge success, the post effect of it had her working non-stop.

My plan had been going perfectly well. Especially, after I'd pissed Khalid off when he'd gone ahead to blow my phone so early in the morning, just to ask me about plans for the day. Like I'm his manager. I hope he stays mad at me for a long time. Long enough to get him out of my hair this summer.

Since Mum and I had a very hearty breakfast, the plan was to laze around through the day and eventually, put Friday family night with Mum into motion. I would have gotten enough rest to get through Mum's horrible choice of movies. But of course, Didi happened.

I breathed out a frustrated sigh as I stared at my phone and my very much tempting bed? What would it take to blow off the completely asinine girl? I thought, yawning tiredly. Same time a text popped into my phone.

Unknown number
Still waiting for
the address, grumpy...

I glared at Didi's text, letting out another defeated sigh, before begrudgingly letting my tired ass off the bed.

What did I do to deserve Didi so early in the morning?

Dragging myself to the bathroom, I quickly did my business by taking a cold shower to adjust my body and wake my nerves for whatever Didi has planned out. Knowing her, I would definitely hate whatever it is she's cooking up. I mean, I had the evidence of her pushing me into the damned Sea yesterday, that had water making my ears its new home.

The uncomfortable warm feeling was getting on my nerves and making me annoyed. Even as I shoved my pinky into my ear, trying but failing blatantly to get the water out. I huffed, giving up. Minutes later, I was done and almost ready to go, except I wasn't ready at all. My ear still felt like cotton has been stuffed into them. Most times, I would hear the carefree sound of water running through them. For a moment, I thought of taking Didi's advise. But you know, the girl was a truckload of annoying pranks.

For all I know, her advise might be another one of the pranks she had up her sleeves. I didn't trust Didi, not on a longshot. But I didn't like the way I was feeling one bit. Getting water into your ear was like sleeping with a very warm pillow or wearing wet socks during harmattan. I was that bad.

That was why, against my very own will, I made my way back into the bathroom. Standing in front of the ceramic bowl that was called a sink, I stared at my haunted reflection in the mirror before me.

This better not be a prank, cos I swear, I was going to get back at her.

I switched on the tap before letting water pool in my hands. My heart beat loudly in fear because I couldn't believe I was taking advise from Didi of all people. I was definitely losing my damn mind. Without wasting any more second, I bent and poured water into my ear, just as she said.